8GB Noobs SD Card for Raspberry Pi
• Multi Operating System SD Card for Raspberry Pi
• 8GB SD Card
• NOOBS Image uses just over 1GB of data
• Allows reinstallation easily on boot up menu
• Common OS such as Raspbian Wheezy, RaspBMC and moreHigh Quality and Fully on a Raspberry Pi Tested Desptach, Card Includes Raspbian Wheezy , RaspBMC, RiscOS, PiDora, OpenELEC , ArchLinux
NOOBS = New Out Of Box Software, it is a way to make setting up a Raspberry Pi for the first time much, much easier.
When you boot up for the first time, you'll see a menu prompting you to install one of several operating systems into the free space on the card. The choice means you can boot the Pi with a regular operating system like Raspbian, or with a media-centre specific OS like RaspBMC.
Once you've installed an operating system, your Pi will boot as normal. However, NOOBS stays resident on your card, so by holding shift down during boot you can return to the recovery interface. This allows you to switch to a different operating system, or overwrite a corrupted card with a fresh install of the current one; it also provides a handy tool to let you edit the config.txt configuration file for the currently installed operating system, and even a web browser so you can visit the forums or Google for pointers if you get stuck.
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.