Adafruit 1.2" 8 x 8 Red LED Matrix Backpack - I2C
• Arduino compatible red LED matrix
• Constant current driver to avoid multiple illuminated LEDs affecting the light emitted
• 1/16 step dimming to give a level of control over the intensity of each LED
• I2C interface to allow easy connectivity to the majority of Arduino boards
• Powered from either the Arduino’s 5V output or an external 5V power supply
• The Arduino library is available here
• Support page available hereWhat does this product do?
The Adafruit red LED matrix backpack combines an LED matrix display with a HT16K33 chip. This allows the matrix to be controlled with the ability to adjust the brightness of each LED independently. The Adafruit red LED backpack comes in kit form with a well-designed printed circuit board, a HT16K33 chip and an 8 x 8 LED matrix.What can I do with the LED matrix?
This red LED matrix backpack lets you display graphics wherever you want a simple display. You can also combine a number of them together to display a message. The uses of this LED matrix are only limited by your imagination.What is the LED matrix backpack compatible with?
This red LED matrix uses I2C to communicate with an Arduino or other microcontroller. The I2C interface is compatible with the Uno, Mega 2560, Leonardo and Due Arduino boards. The I2C interface allows for the connection of multiple devices on the same two communication lines which enables you to have up to eight displays working simultaneously.What library do I need for my Arduino?
In order to programme your Arduino board to control this red LED matrix backpack you need a library from the Adafruit website.
to go to the Adafruit website to download the library.
||I2C / TWI
|Driver Part Number
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.