Adafruit 16-Channel 12-bit PWM/Servo Driver
• I2C-controlled PWM driver with a built in clock• Works with both Raspberry Pi and Arduino• 6 address select pins (up to 62 of these on a single I2C bus - that's 992 outputs!)• Adjustable frequency PWM up to about 1.6 KHz• 12-bit output resolution (about 4us resolution at 60Hz update rate for servos)• Configurable push-pull or open-drain output• Output enable pin
• Click here to find the detailed tutorial guide for Arduino
• And to view the Arduino livrary please click here
You want to make a cool robot, maybe a hexapod walker, or maybe just a piece of art with a lot of moving parts. Or maybe you want to drive a lot of LEDs with precise PWM output. Then you realize that your microcontroller has a limited number of PWM outputs! What now? You could give up OR you could just get this handy PWM and Servo driver breakout.
It's an i2c-controlled PWM driver with a built in clock. That means that, unlike the TLC5940 family, you do not need to continuously send it signal tying up your microcontroller, its completely free running!
It is 5V compliant, which means you can control it from a 3.3V microcontroller and still safely drive up to 6V outputs (this is good for when you want to control white or blue LEDs with 3.4+ forward voltages). 6 address select pins so you can wire up to 62 of these on a single i2c bus, a total of 992 outputs - that's a lot of servos or LEDs. Adjustable frequency PWM up to about 1.6 KHz. 12-bit resolution for each output - for servos, that means about 4us resolution at 60Hz update rate. Configurable push-pull or open-drain output. Output enable pin to quickly disable all the outputs
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.