Adafruit BMP180 Barometric Pressure/Temp/Altitude Sensor- 5V ready
• 5V compliant - a 3.3V regulator and a i2c level shifter circuit is included so you can use this sensor safely with 5V logic and power• Because pressure changes with altitude you can also use it as an altimeter!• Replaces the Bosch BMP085, though its identical in terms of firmware/software/interfacing• Pressure sensing range: 300-1100 hPa (9000m to -500m above sea level)• Up to 0.03hPa / 0.25m resolution• -40 to +85°C operational range, +-2°C temperature accuracy• This board/chip uses I2C 7-bit address 0x77This precision sensor from Bosch is the best low-cost sensing solution for measuring barometric pressure and temperature. Because pressure changes with altitude you can also use it as an altimeter! The sensor is soldered onto a PCB with a 3.3V regulator, I2C level shifter and pull-up resistors on the I2C pins.
The BMP180 is the next-generation of sensors from Bosch, and replaces the BMP085. The good news is that it is completely identical to the BMP085 in terms of firmware/software/interfacing - you can use our BMP085 tutorial and any example code/libraries as a drop-in replacement.
This board is 5V compliant - a 3.3V regulator and a i2c level shifter circuit is included so you can use this sensor safely with 5V logic and power.
Using the sensor is easy. For example, if you're using an Arduino, simply connect the VIN pin to the 5V voltage pin, GND to ground, SCL to I2C Clock (Analogue 5) and SDA to I2C Data (Analogue 4). Then download our BMP085/BMP180 Arduino library and example code for temperature, pressure and altitude calculation. Install the library, and load the example sketch. Immediately you'll have precision temperature, pressure and altitude data. Our detailed tutorial has all the info you need including links to software and installation instructions. It includes more information about the BMP180 so you can understand the sensor in depth including how to properly calculate altitude based on sea-level barometric pressure.
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.