Adafruit FLORA Accelerometer/Compass Sensor - LSM303 - v1.0
• Classic 3-axis accelerometer can tell which direction is down by measuring gravity or how fast the board is accelerating in 3D space
• Magnetometer can sense where the strongest magnetic force is coming from (generally magnetic north)
• I2C interface
• Attaching it to the FLORA is simple: line up the sensor so its adjacent to the SDA/SCL pins and sew conductive thread from the 3V, SDA, SCL and GND pins. They line up perfectly so you will not have any crossed lines.Add motion and direction sensing to your wearable FLORA project with this high precision 3-axis Accelerometer+Compass sensor. Inside are two sensors, one is a classic 3-axis accelerometer, which can tell you which direction is down towards the Earth (by measuring gravity) or how fast the board is accelerating in 3D space. The other is a magnetometer that can sense where the strongest magnetic force is coming from, generally used to detect magnetic north. By combining this data you can then orient yourself.
We based this sensor on the latest version of this popular sensor, the LSM303DLHC. The sensor has a digital (I2C) interface. Attaching it to the FLORA is simple: line up the sensor so its adjacent to the SDA/SCL pins and sew conductive thread from the 3V, SDA, SCL and GND pins. They line up perfectly so you will not have any crossed lines. You can only connect one of these sensors to your FLORA, but you can connect other I2C sensors/outputs by using the set of SCL/SDA pins on the opposite side. Get started with the FLORA Accelerometer click here for the guide!
It uses the same Arduino library as our conventional form LSM303 breakout. The example and library code
will work 'out of the box' with FLORA. Simply download our library and connect the 3V/SCL/SDA/GND pins, install the library properly and upload our test program to read out accelerometer and magnetic field data.
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.