Adafruit PowerBoost 500 Charger – 1.8V+ to 5V Boost (500mA)
• Boosts 1.8V+ batteries to 5V, and charges and powers through USB
• Maximum output of 1000mA, suitable for phones and small tablets
• Can power devices USB or 2pin 3.5mm spaced terminal blocksUtilise the on-board boost feature to efficiently power or charge any USB 5V device that uses a lithium-polymer or lithium-ion 3.7V battery. You can also power and charge your battery and project via the USB-B (micro) connector. The USB connector needs soldering on, you may use a 3.5mm spaced terminal block
in place of the USB.What power can I get from this?
The 2A internal switch allows you to get 1000mA from 3.7V lithium-polymer and lithium-ion batteries, while all being boosted to 5.2V. Power is boosted to 5.2V instead of 5V to compensate for USB cable resistance, so this is safe to use with 5V devices. Please make sure your battery can support 1000mA. This boost converter is not advised for 2A devices such as large screen tablets.Keep your project running
With the USB-B (Micro) connector, you can quickly and efficiently power and charge your device and the connected battery at the same time – without the project suffering any power drops. There is a low battery indicator that will let you know when the output drops below 3.2V. This boost converter will consume 5mA while active, and only 20uA while inactive.
||2-Pin JST (LiPo/LiIon Only)
|USB V-in Connector
|Min Voltage Required
|Max Voltage Out
|Max Amp Out
|Dimensions (W x D x H)
||27 mm x 22 mm x 9 mm
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.