Adafruit Triple-axis Accelerometer+Magnetometer (Compass) Board - LSM303
• Two sensors - one 3-axis accelerometer, one magnetometer
• Uses I2C to communicate
• 3.3V max chip, but added circuitry makes it 5V safeHe told you ""Go West, young maker!"" - but you don't know which way is West! Ah, if only you had this triple-axis accelerometer/magnetometer compass module. Inside are two sensors, one is a classic 3-axis accelerometer, which can tell you which direction is down towards the Earth (by measuring gravity). The other is a magnetometer that can sense where the strongest magnetic force is coming from, generally used to detect magnetic north. By combining this data you can then orient your project! Adafruit based this breakout on the latest version of this popular sensor, the LSM303DLHC. This compact sensor uses I2C to communicate and its very easy to use. Since it's a 3.3V max chip, they added circuitry to make it 5V-safe logic and power, for easy use with either 3 or 5V microcontrollers. Simply connect VCC to +3-5V and ground to ground. Then read data from the I2C clock and data pins. There's also a Data Ready and two Interrupt pins you can use If using with an Arduino, its extra-easy to get started as Adafruit already wrote a nice little Arduino library to get you started click here
Simply download their library and connect the SCL pin to your Arduino's I2C clock pin, and SDA pin to your Arduino's I2C data pin and upload the test program to read out accelerometer and magnetic field data.
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.