Archos ARNOVA 9.7 Inch 4GB Android 4.0 Tablet Black
• Ultra-responsive 9.7" Multi-touch capacitive display (1024 x 768 resolution)
• Includes IPS technology, this new generation LCD delivers excellent screen sharpness and vivid colours
• Fast ARM Cortex™ A8 1GHz Processor coupled with 1GB of RAM makes your device faster and better at multitasking
• Extend the tablet possibilities thanks to Android "Ice cream Sandwich" 4.0.
• Lightweight, stylish and robust, making this a perfect mobile device
• HD Multimedia playback, load all your HD videos, pictures or movies and appreciate the amazing quality up to full HD (1080p)
• Micro SD slot (SDHC compatible up to 32GB)
• Rich content for a daily use with the installed AppsLib App store
• Whether it is the smart pre-installed apps or the thousands of apps available from AppsLib App store, you will always find what you are looking for from Social Neworks, email, web browsing, news, games, ebooks, sport results, weather forecast and much more all right here just under your fingertips
• Built in Web Camera perfect for use with video communication apps or just for capturing the moment
• Fast & easy access to the latest news
• Use the web browser or an application to keep informed of live information
• Flash support lets you watch and access flash content such as Youtube videos
• Keep connected with your friends through social networking & chat applications
• Set up different services to appear as live information on the home screens. So you can stay tuned with what matters to you
• Once connected to Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), the ARNOVA 9 G3 lets you manage your emails accounts or browse the web whenever you want
• Built in G-Sensor, Wi-Fi, Web Cam, headphone jack, microphone, speaker, USB 2.0 portARNOVA introduces its newest superfast HD multimedia tablet: The ARNOVA 9 G3
Equipped with a sharp and bright 9.7" (1024x768) LCD touch screen, it delivers amazing HD display quality with wide viewing angles.
Powered by a powerful 1GHz processor and 1 GB of RAM everything becomes smoother and more pleasant. Running the latest version of Android 4.0 optimised for tablets, it brings an entirely new look and feel as well as an intuitive and simple user interface. The ARNOVA 9 G3 is great for surfing hours on the internet, playing thousands of songs, watching HD movies, receiving and sending emails.
All this still in the pure ARNOVA style, that means a very affordable price.
|Storage||Flash memory: 4 GB|
|Expandable via micro SDHC Slot up to 32 GB|
|Operating system||ANDROID™ 4.0 "Ice Cream Sandwich"|
|CPU||ARM Cortex A8 @ 1 GHz|
|Display||9.7 inch 4:3 format - Capacitive 5 points MultiTouch Screen 16 million colors|
|1024 x 768 HD screen resolution|
|Video playback1||H.264 up to 1080p resolution – 30 fps|
|MPEG-42– 30 fps|
|With the above codecs, the device can play video files with the following extensions: .avi .mp4 ,mkv, .mov, and .flv|
|Audio Playback1||MP3, WAV, APE, OGG, FLAC|
|Photo viewer3||JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG|
|Interfaces||Micro USB slave 2.0|
|USB port 2.0|
|Audio Jack 3.5mm|
|Micro SD slot (SDHC compatible) Up to 32 GB|
|Communication protocols||WiFi (802.11 b/g/n)|
|Miscellaneous||2 built-in speakers|
|Power source||Internal: Lithium Polymer battery|
|9V/2A Power Adapter|
|Dimensions & weight||239 x 184 x 12.5mm – 630g|
|Computer interface||USB 2.0 interface|
|Package includes||ARNOVA 9b G3, USB cable, Power adapter, Quick Start Guide (QSG)|
ReviewsWrite a Review
6 of 6 Reviews
Returned it after Christmas and purchased the 10.1 android as no play store, No updates and a few to many marks but a part from that worked great, excellent picture even on video playback.
First one bricked when doing software upgrade. Replacement is losing data and locking up. Arnova support not answering emails or phone. Avoid
Excellent tablet, solidly built and a great screen. There is no Google Play support, search Arctablet for updates on this. A real iPad challenger when Google play is installed.
Brilliant bright responsive tablet with wifi-n. I miss bluetooth for connecting to keyboard/mouse/speaker/headphones/headset and miss the extra ram 4gb instead of 32gb - though I added a microsd card. I logged onto google and got web access to google play/market (afterall thats where they make money - selling apps!) Extremely good build quality. Price point was realistic this is for my nephew. Additionally only had to buy Memory Card, Archos G9 3g-stick and Screen Protector.
Just picked up one of these today.
It's a great tablet all in all with all the features you'd expect of a tablet around the £200 mark (IPS screen, 1GB RAM, etc). The screen is wonderful and is nice and responsive. It really makes a difference having an IPS screen as you can still see what's on the screen without having to be looking at it straight on. The screen seems to be scratch and fingerprint resistant from my experience with it so far.
Sound wise, I haven't really had much chance to test it out, but there is a headphone jack if all else fails!
The build quality is relatively sturdy with good buttons and a nice weighty, expensive feel, but the back is a little on the plasticy side. It would have been nice if the shell was aluminium like similarly priced alternatives, such as the Cube UGT92. Connectivity wise, there is a full size USB port on the side which is rare on a tablet of any size which can be used to attach a keyboard or the optional 3G dongle. There is also a mini USB port and a headphone jack as mentioned above. No HDMI out though, so no showing off your HD movies to your mates!
The current firmware doesn't come with the Google Play store and there is currently no firmware upgrade available for this model on the "ArcTool" application which you can install from the "AppsLib" store which comes installed on the device. This is a bit of a pain as there's not really anything worth getting on Appslib and a whole bunch of the stuff doesn't work anyway. For example, a lot of the apps require the device to be "Rooted" (Like Jailbreaking for an iPhone), but you can't get "SuperUser" on Appslib, which allows you to root your device! The device does come pre-installed with angry birds and a few other rudimentary apps to get you started and performance wise, it should handle anything you can throw at it.
In summation, it looks like this tablet will only get better with time. Give it a few weeks and I'm sure Archos will release a firmware update that allows access to Google Play and then it will be a serious contender for the "I really don't want to pay £400 for a big iPhone" market, of which I am proudly part.
4 / 5 stars
Seems like a nice product and was delivered very quickly. However the one delivered has a slight fault. The black painted trim beneath the glass was part missing, so it looked terrible. The screen itself is quite sharp. After an initial set up, the tablet is ready to use. It found my wireless network quickly and I was soon online. I haven't tried too much else apart from a quick check on a couple of websites as it is going back for a replacement tomorrow.
QuestionsBe the first to ask a question
0 of 0 Questions
|Item code||Item name||Quantity||Price|
|A50LC||Archos ARNOVA 9.7 Inch 4GB Android 4.0 Tablet Black||(1+)||£79.99|
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
Offering a 1-2-1 personal account management service each representative is ableto help you ensure the service from Maplin meets your approval on all levels everytime.
As well as being able to help you benefit from volume quotations and bespoke productsourcing our team also offers a wide range of business services including:
- 30 Day EOM credit terms available on application
- FREE delivery on all orders above £10
- A range of guaranteed delivery services to ensure your goods are with you to meetthose tight deadlines
- Proforma Invoices
- Scheduled and forward ordering system
- Product branding and bespoke product sourcing available on application
- Online and in-store account use
- 5% discount for all schools and colleges
- 7% discount for all universities
- Sample product service - available on application
- Supplier cross-referencing and BOM quotations
As you can see, our range of services is comprehensive and built to service everytype of business need. We are committed to providing your business with 1st classsales and customer service.
Our aim is to establish mutually beneficial long-term relationships where our customersreceive a high class of reliable service.
Please contact us on 0844 557 6000 to discuss your business needs with your individualaccount manager.