ASUS AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
• ASUS AMD Radeon RX 480 chipset with a base clock speed of 1266MHz
• 8GB of GDDR5 video memory (VRAM) running at 8Gbps, which provides incredible gaming performance
• Connect a range of monitors to the graphics card with three DisplayPort and HDMI ports
• Supports up to four monitors for an immersive gaming experience, with a maximum resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels on each, 4k supported
• Supports CrossFire for a solution that delivers silky-smooth gameplay
• Full-sized card that takes up two expansion case slots – check your case and motherboard dimensions first
• The low power consumption teamed with a small fan and heatsink delivers a quiet efficient cooling system
• Three years manufacturer warranty
• Manufacturer part number: RX480-8G
• Virtual reality (VR) ready so you can enjoy a fascinating 360-degree gaming experienceWhat can I expect from this graphics card?
Experience the next level in gaming with the Radeon RX 480 graphics card, which is powered by AMD’s new Polaris architecture. This card brings you multiple features and improvements, innovative technologies and immersive, next generation virtual reality (VR). The ASUS Radeon RX 480 is power-efficient, with only a single 8-pin PCI-E connector needed; and is designed for the PCI Express 3.0 bus architecture, which is also backwards compatible. The RX 480 comes with 14 FinFET and GDDR5 technologies. This, combined with support for DirectX 12 features, gives you fast, smooth and power-efficient gaming experience.
The card can accommodate the latest displays, including VR, ultra-high-resolution and multiple monitors through the power of the new Polaris architecture. It is also plug-and-play compatible with leading VR headsets driven by Radeon LiquidVR technologies – so you’ll be able to hear and feel every movement for an immersive gaming experience.
What is the performance like on this card?
An impressive 8GB of GDDR5 VRAM running at 8Gbps and GPU at 1266MHz provides great graphics-rendering performance, so you can enjoy the latest games with high settings. AMD FreeSync powers the RX 480, which enhances overclocking to give you smooth gameplay. The card also supports CrossFire, delivering silky-smooth gameplay and the great performance. With these features, this card offers the best way to enjoy surround gaming.
How can I connect to this graphics card?
A number of displays can be connected to this graphics card, with three DisplayPort and an HDMI port provided. You’ll be able to futureproof yourself for higher resolution monitors in development, with support for up to 3840 x 2160 pixels through DisplayPort. Up to four monitors can be used at the same time, and with simultaneous multi-projection you can game without experiencing stretched viewpoints.
What software is included?
The included GPU Tweak II software allows you to adjust clock speeds, voltages, fan speed and more. Depending on your level of experience with tuning graphics cards, you can also select between standard or advanced modes. The program’s integration with XSplit Gamecaster means you can easily stream or record your gameplay through an in-game overlay, and a one year premium licence is provided.
||AMD Radeon RX 480
||PCI Express 3.0
|Video Memory Type
|Video Memory Capacity
|Memory Clock Speed
|Engine Clock Base
|Virtual reality ready
|Number of slots taken up
|Number of DisplayPort outputs
|Display Port version
||1.3 / 1.4
|Number of Mini Display Port outputs
|Min Display Port version
|Number of D-Sub outputs
|Number of DVI outputs
|Number of mini HDMI outputs
|Number of HDMI outputs
|Max number of displays
||3840 x 2160
|External power supply required?
||Yes 8 pin
||ASUS GPU Tweak II & Driver
|DirectX version support
||12 API with feature level 12_1
|OpenGL Version Support
|Manufacturer part number
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.