ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 ROG STRIX Gaming 8GB GDDR5 OC Graphics Card
• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 ROG STRIX in factory overclocked mode chipset pushes the base clock speed to 1657MHz and a 1860MHz boost speed
• 8GB of GDDR5 video memory (VRAM) running at 8Gbps, which provides incredible gaming performance
• Connect a range of monitors to the graphics card with two Display Ports, a DVI-D and two HDMI ports
• Supports up to four monitors for an immersive gaming experience, with a maximum resolution of 7680 x 4320 pixels on each, 8K (UHD) supported
• Supports NVIDIA’s SLI HB Bridge for a two-way SLI solution that delivers silky-smooth gameplay
• Full-sized card that takes up two expansion case slots – check your case and motherboard dimensions first
• ASUS DirectCU III cooling features three triple wing-blade 0dB fans which deliver maximum air flow
• Three years manufacturer warranty
• Manufacturer part number: STRIX-GTX1070-O8G / 90YV09N0-M0NA00
• Virtual reality (VR) ready so you can enjoy a fascinating 360-degree gaming experience
• NVIDIA G-SYNC allows the card to synchronise with G-SYNC ready monitors to minimise display stutter and input lag
• Includes GPU Tweak II software which allows you to adjust clock speeds, voltages, fans speeds and more
• Aura RGB Lighting adds a great visual effect letting you control the coloured strips on your graphics cardTake on today’s most challenging graphics intensive PC games without missing a beat. The GeForce GTX 1070 graphics card delivers the incredible speed and power of NVIDIA Pascal™ the most advanced GPU architecture ever created. This is the ultimate gaming platform. #GameReady.
What can I expect from this graphics card?
Experience a quantum leap in gaming with this GeForce GTX 1070 ROG STRIX graphics card, which is powered by NVIDIA’s new Pascal architecture. The world’s most advanced GPU architecture delivers game-changing performance, innovative technologies and immersive, next generation virtual reality (VR). The card is designed for the PCI Express 3.0 bus architecture, which is also backwards compatible. The GeForce GTX 1070 ROG STRIX comes with ultra-fast FinFET and high-bandwidth GDDR5 technologies. This, combined with support for DirectX 12 features, gives you the fastest, smoothest, most power-efficient gaming experience – up to three times the performance and efficiency compared to the GTX 900 series.
The card accommodates the latest displays, including VR, ultra-high-resolution and multiple monitors, through the power of the new Pascal architecture. It is plug-and-play compatible with leading VR headsets driven by NVIDIA VRWorks technologies. This way you’ll be able to hear and feel every movement with VRWorks Audio, physics and haptics working together to deliver a truly immersive gaming experience. NVIDIA GameWorks technologies provide smooth gameplay and cinematic experiences and through NVIDIA Ansel you are able to capture 360-degree in-game shots, even in VR. Perfected for gaming now and in the future, the card also supports Vulkan API and OpenGL 4.5.
What is the performance like on this card?
An impressive 8GB of GDDR5 VRAM running at 8 Gbps and GPU in factory overclocked mode at 1657MHz base clock speed, with 1860MHz boost, provides astonishing graphics-rendering performance, so you can enjoy the latest games with settings maxed out. NVIDIA GPU Boost 3.0 is embedded into the GTX 1070 ROG STRIX, which dynamically maximises clock speeds based on workloads and allows enthusiast-class controls such as temperature target and fan controls. The card also supports NVIDIA’s new SLI HB bridge, which doubles the available transfer bandwidth compared to the NVIDIA Maxwell architecture, delivering silky-smooth gameplay and the ultimate performance. With these features, this card offers the best way to enjoy surround gaming.
How can I connect to this graphics card?
A number of displays can be connected to this graphics card, with two DisplayPorts, dual-link DVI-D and two HDMI ports provided. You’ll be able to future proof yourself for higher resolution monitors in development, with support for up to 7680 x 4320 pixels through DisplayPort. Up to four monitors can be used at the same time, and with simultaneous multi-projection you can game without experiencing stretched viewpoints. This will improve performance in VR and improve display accuracy when using NVIDIA Surround.
NVIDIA G-SYNC provides a stunning visual experience, and with a compatible monitor you can minimise display shutter and input lag. NVIDIA GameStream lets you stream GeForce GTX gaming experience to portable devices like the NVIDIA Shield.
How well can I overclock this card and is software included?
ASUS has equipped the card with various features to ensure it is well cooled and has excellent overclocking potential. The DirectCU III cooling system ensures that your card will be 30% cooler. The GTX 1070 ROG STRIX is also equipped with two 4-pin GPU-controlled headers that can be connected to system fans for targeted cooling. This is to ensure that chassis fans respond to the heat requirements of the GPU and apply cooling when needed.
The included GPU Tweak II software allows you to adjust clock speeds, voltages, fan speed and more. Depending on your level of experience with tuning graphics cards, you can also choose between standard or advanced modes. The program’s integration with XSplit Gamecaster means you can easily stream or record your gameplay through an in-game overlay, and a one year premium licence is provided.
||NVIDIA GTX 1070 ROG STRIX
||PCI Express 3.0
|Video Memory Type
|Video Memory Capacity
|Memory Clock Speed
|Gaming mode (Default)
||Base Clock: 1632 MHz
Boost Clock: 1835 MHz
||Base Clock: 1657 MHz
Boost Clock: 1860 MHz
|Virtual reality ready
|Number of slots taken up
|Number of DisplayPort outputs
|Display Port version
|Number of Mini Display Port outputs
|Min Display Port version
|Number of D-Sub outputs
|Number of DVI outputs
||1 - dual-link DVI-D
|Number of mini HDMI outputs
|Number of HDMI outputs
|Max number of displays
||7680 x 4320 @ 60 Hz (digital)
||Yes – SLI HB Bridge supported
||DirectCU III – 3 0dB Fans
||Yes – 2.2
|External power supply required?
||Yes – 6 + 8 pin PCI-E power connector
||ASUS GPU Tweak II & Driver
|DirectX version support
||12 API with feature level 12_1
|OpenGL Version Support
|Manufacturer part number
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.