Audio-Technica ATR6550 Condenser Shotgun Microphone
• A condenser shotgun microphone, ideal for live audio transmissions and audio recordings using a camcorder or portable audio recorder
• Handheld style microphone that can also be mounted on a microphone stand
• 3.5mm connection that can fit camcorders and portable audio recorders without adapters
• One metre cable included to allow you to move the microphone into a suitable position
• A sensitivity of up to -56dBv that gives you an excellent response to quieter soundsWhat is the advantage of having a condenser microphone?
Condenser microphones are the most common type of microphones for recording audio. They are often used in recording studios as they have a greater ability to reproduce all of the audio of an instrument or voice. Using battery power, condenser microphones usually have a louder output – but can be more sensitive to loud sounds.
What position does the condenser microphone pick up sound from?
This microphone has a cardioid polar pattern and a super-cardioid polar pattern, which means it is more sensitive to sounds at the front of the microphone and less sensitive at the back. The pickup is based in one direction – which makes it effective for isolating unwanted sound, and also has a high resistance to feedback.
What would I use this microphone with?
This microphone is ideal as an accessory to cameras, camcorders or portable audio recorders. The multi-polar pattern will allow you to adjust the settings of the microphone to achieve the best audio recordings, such as YouTube videos, presentations, dictation or music demos with your equipment.
||Cardioid / super-cardioid
||Normal @ 1000 ohms / Tele @ 2200 Ohms
||Normal @ -56 dB / tele @ -45 dB
||1 x AA battery
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.