• Present in rooms where there is ambient light with 3,000 lumens of brightness
• Project a screen size of 53 inches at a distance of 2m with the throw ratio of 1.86 to 2.04:1
• SVGA (800 x 600) resolution and native aspect ratio of 4:3 results in a good square image being projected
• High contrast ratio of 13,000:1 provides you with blacks that are deeper and an image quality that is more focused and clean
• LampSave lowers power consumption and brightness to extend the lamp life to 10,000 hours
• Connect to a variety of devices with an HDMI, two VGA, composite video, S-video, 3.5mm audio jack and RS232 ports available
• Output to another monitor through the VGA out port and connect the projector to your own audio set up using the 3.5mm audio jack output
• Inbuilt speaker delivers 2W of mono sound
• 28dB of sound under the Eco setting keeps the projector quiet enough so as to not disrupt your viewing
• Reduce the amount of space that needs to be kept clear by mounting the projector to the ceilingSpecial features
• Capable of emitting in 3D with DLP link 3D glasses (sold separately) for 3D content to be viewable
• Fix a vertically distorted image with manual vertical keystone correction available
• Eco, SmartEco and LampSave all reduce the brightness of the lamp, decreasing power consumption and extending the lamps lifeWhat can I use this projector for?
The numerous input ports and ability to present in rooms where there is ambient light makes this BenQ MS512H ideal for any classroom or office. Support for 3D allows you to bring an immersive learning experience to the classroom, with a 3D source (such as 3D Blu-ray player) and DLP link 3D glasses (sold separately, please see our range here
) needed to get the experience started. The projector also has teaching templates it can display on the screen – letter formation lines, a lined worksheet and coordinate chart being the templates that can be projected. Fitted with a mono 2W speaker, you can start your presentations without the need of an external speaker. If you would like to add your own you can connect to it through the 3.5mm earphone out port. Do I need to use this projector in a pitch black environment?
Projecting at a native SVGA (800 x 600 pixels) resolution and aspect ratio of 4:3 means you are provided with a good square image. An aspect ratio of 16:9 and 16:10 is also available for a widescreen image to be produced. Even with ambient light around, this projector can still be used to project a good picture, and the reason for this is the 3,000 lumens that the bulb can produce. The 13,000:1 contrast ratio means the picture displayed has deeper blacks, resulting in a more focused and clean image. In this way presentations can be easily read even from a distance. What screen size can I achieve with this projector?
The 1.86 to 2.04:1 throw ratio allows you to position this projector 2m away from the screen for a 53 inch screen. The maximum screen size of 300 inches can be achieved by locating the projector 12.45m away. By ceiling mounting the projector, you can easily achieve the screen size you want without having to dedicate any required space so as to not block the projectors line of sight. To correct an image that appears wider at the top or bottom, you can manually use the vertical keystone correction feature. This sort of distorted image usually occurs when the projector isn’t perpendicular to the screen. What can I connect to this projector?
A multitude of ports located on the back of the projector gives you the ability to connect a variety of old or new devices to it, with HDMI, two VGA, composite video, S-Video, USB mini B, 3.5mm audio jack and RS232 ports all available. Using a USB mini to USB cable (not included) and plugging it into a laptop or computer allows you to control programs that have page up or down commands through the projector’s controller. Additionally, the RS232 port can be used to control the projector from a distance using a RS232 cable (not included) between it and a computer terminal. You can send a video feed sent to the projector to an alternative monitor as well, by connecting it to the VGA out port.How can I prolong the life of this projector's lamp?
Normally the life expectancy of the bulb without the use of power saving features is 4,500 hours. There are, however, a number of features that have been implemented to ensure your bulb lasts for as long as possible.
An economic (eco) mode lowers the brightness of the bulb to extend the longevity to 6,000 hours and also decreases fan noise.
SmartEco mode automatically adjusts the lamp to deliver the best contrast and brightness performance for your content, resulting in 6,500 hours of expected life.
Alternatively, LampSave mode automatically adjusts itself based on the amount of brightness the content needs, increasing the bulb longevity to an impressive 10,000 hours. Additionally, when a display source isn’t detected by the projector after more than three minutes, it will automatically hide the screen image and eliminate unnecessary energy usage, thereby extending the life of the projector even further.