• 3,000 lumens of light to present in environments with ambient light
• Achieve a 62-inch screen (diagonally) at a distance of 2m
• 1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution and native aspect ratio of 16:9 results in an amazingly detailed widescreen picture
• Under SmartEco mode, brightness is automatically altered to extend your lamp life up to 10,000 hours
• Connect to a range of visual and audio devices through the HDMI, VGA, composite video, 3.5mm audio jack, twin phono (RCA) and RS232 ports
• Display the projected content on another monitor using the VGA out port
• 10W mono speaker provides great sound without having to plug external speakers in
• Use your own speakers through the 3.5mm audio jack or twin phono (RCA) connections
• 29dBA of sound ensures your presentations and cinematic viewings aren’t disturbed when it is situated a good distance away
• Easily obtain your desired screen size by mounting the projector to the ceilingSpecial Features
• Watch in incredible 3D using DLP link 3D glasses (sold separately)
• Manual vertical keystone correction fixes a distorted picture
• Economic (Eco) and SmartEco modes reduce the brightness of the lamp, lowering power consumption and therefore extending the lamp lifeWould this projector be the right choice for me?
Enjoy four times the amount of detail (when compared to 480p) on this 1080p BenQ projector. It comes with plenty of connections, and is ideal for any classroom or office environment. Bring a whole new learning experience to the classroom with a projector that can support 3D functionality. All that is needed is 3D content from your Blu-ray player and some DLP link 3D glasses (sold separately, please see our range here
). The majority of times, projectors are cast onto a whiteboard or blackboard. This projector also allows you to project teaching templates onto the board, such as lines for when learning to write letters for the first time, normal notepad style lines and coordination lines for mathematics. This makes it easier for students to follow and makes learning much more interactive. Built-in is a 10W mono speaker that delivers great sound, although you can use your own sound system by plugging it into the 3.5mm audio out port.What is the picture quality like on this projector?
The full HD 1080p image projected contains amazing detail and clarity. In addition, a 10,000:1 contrast ratio ensures that darker colours appear deeper, which attributes to a more focused and cleaner overall image quality. This means that presentations will be easier to read even if you were to sit in the back row of a venue. A native aspect ratio of 16:9 supplies you with a widescreen picture, and 4:3 and 16:10 aspect ratios are available too. Regardless of the amount of ambient light in the room, you will still be able to host and view presentations with the finest details thanks to the 3,000 lumens of light.How difficult will it be for me to achieve my desired screen size?
This projector has a great range, which makes it ideal for getting your desired screen size. The throw ratio of the projector is 1.15 to 1.8, which gives you the ability to set the projector two metres away for a screen size of 78.3-inches. For an even bigger screen size, you can move the projector back to 10.97m and obtain a screen that is 300-inches wide.
To make getting your chosen screen size even easier, you can mount this projector to the ceiling with a compatible ceiling mount (sold separately), which would remove the need to clear the projectors path to the screen. If the projector isn’t perpendicular to the screen it could lead to distortions of the image (a wider image at the top or bottom), but this can easily be corrected with the manual vertical keystone correction.What interfaces can I connect to?
Capable of connecting to a range of devices, this projector has ports for HDMI, two VGA, composite video, S-Video, USB mini B, 3.5mm audio jack, twin phono (RCA) and RS232 connections. A USB mini to USB cable (not included) can be used to connect your laptop or computer to the projector, and you can then use the projector’s controller to manipulate any programs that utilise page up or down commands i.e. Microsoft PowerPoint. Controlling the projector from a distance or central computer is possible too, by using a RS232 cable (not included). Another VGA port is located at the back of the projector as well. This one casts as an output socket, through which you can send your projected content to a monitor.Does this projector have any eco modes?
Eco modes are a great way to extend the life of a lamp, saving you time and money on maintenance costs. This projector has two.
Economic mode dims the lamp and reduces the fan noise, decreasing power consumption and extending the lamp life up to 10,000 hours from an average of approximately 5,000 hours.
SmartEco mode provides uncompromised brightness and great picture quality. Under this mode, lamp power is automatically altered so that only necessary levels of light are used, maximizing power saving while still delivering the best contrast and brightness performance. This can extend the lamp life up to 10,000 hours.
The projector can additionally be set to automatically turn off when a display source isn’t detected, reducing the amount of energy wasted and further increasing the lamp life.