BT AC 1200Mbps Plug-In Wi-Fi Range Extender
• Extend the range of your existing Wi-Fi signal to remove weak signal areas and Wi-Fi dead zones
• 300Mbps + 867Mbps wireless signal, allows for a high speed connection which can be used to provide portable devices with network access
• Switchable dual band speeds with 2.4Ghz provides a standard connection and a high speed 5Ghz connection for compatible devices
• Single 10/100 fast Ethernet port allows the range extender to act as a wireless bridge for devices without Wi-Fi capabilities
• Wireless protected setup (WPS) lets you create a connection to a WPS enabled router at the press of a button
• Device model number: 080462
• Built-in mains adaptor and position indicators allow for optimal positioning of the range extender
• Internal antenna distribute the repeated Wi-Fi signal for medium network environments
• Easy installation with a browser based set-up makes connecting portable devices such as smartphones and tablets simple Why do I need this range extender?
The BT dual band AC1200 range extender helps to increase the radius of your existing Wi-Fi signal to provide you with greater coverage, this helps to strengthen connections to portable devices while removing weak signal areas or wireless black spots.
Using dual band 2.4 Ghz 300Mbps and 5 Ghz 867Mbps wireless AC frequencies the range extender bolsters the strength and reliability of the connections while maintaining compatibility with all current wireless frequencies.
The range extender allows you to change the of speed your wireless network, when set to 2.4Ghz mode the range extender will provide maximum range for your Wi-Fi signal. Alternatively if you are using a dual band router, the range extender can be switched over to a 5Ghz band, this maximises performance for your wireless network. The extra bandwidth allocated by the 5Ghz band reduces congestion when multiple devices are connected to the range extender.
What can I use the Ethernet port on this range extender for?
A single 10/100 Fast Ethernet port allows the range extender to act as a wireless bridge for connecting devices which have no wireless capabilities. This enables the device to access your wireless network and receive web functionality. These devices could typically be a desktop computer, games console, media centre or smart television.
Is this range extender easy to set up?
A built-in mains adapter allows you to position the range extender in any free plug socket around your home. The device can then be moved as needed to deliver a fast dual band Wi-Fi signal where you need it most. On the front of the range extender a visual representation of the signal strength received from your router can be seen, allowing you to optimally position the range extender for maximum effect. Pairing the extender to your router is easy and dome by using the WPS button, connections to wireless devices are managed using a browser based setup, without the need of additional software.
||Wireless range extender
|Wireless Class & Speed
||Dual Band 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz
|Data transfer rate
||300Mbps + 300 Mbps
|Number of Ethernet ports
|Software Special Features
||WPA(TKIP),WPA2(AES), WPA + WPA2
|Manufacturer and/or OEM number
||Latest versions of Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari or internet explorer
||Dual Band Wi-Fi extender 600
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.