Cat5e UTP Network Crossover Cable 3m - Grey
• Three metre cable for the connection of two computer systems without the need of a network switch or internet router
• 100MHz Cat5e cable provides support for 1Gbps networks, allowing for data transfer rates of up to a distance of 100m
• Compatible with 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX and Gigabit networks
• Unshielded twisted pair (UTP) structure, cancels out interference from external sources
• Fitted, unshielded, eight position eight contact (8P8C) RJ45 connectors with strain relief boots for use with Ethernet ports
• DHCP compliantWhat is a Cat5e cable?
A form of cable used in structured networking, category 5e (Cat5e) see a significant improvement over standard Cat 5 cabling. Cat5e cables have a tighter unshielded twisted pair, which further improves reduced signal noise and crosstalk from other close proximity cables. A transmission frequency of 100MHz means that these cables are capable sending a signal over a run of 100 metres, with a maximum data transfer rate of up to 1000Mbps.
Cat5e crossover cables are backwards compatible with 10Base-T (10Mbps) and 100Base-TX (100Mbps) networks.
Do I need an Ethernet crossover cable?
An Ethernet crossover cable is typically used in networking to allow communication between two Ethernet devices of the same type. An example would be allowing two computers to create a local area network (LAN) for transferring files without the need of a network switch or internet router. Ethernet crossover cables have other uses, such as connecting two or more network switches together – which increases the number of devices supported on a single network.
For connecting devices such as games consoles or desktop computer systems to a router or a switch, a standard Ethernet patch cable is used.
||CAT 5e Crossover
|Max data transfer rate
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.