Cat5e UTP Network Patch Cable 30m - Grey
• 30 metre cable for the connection of network devices to a switch or network router
• 100MHz Cat5e cable improves on standard Cat5 cable by allowing for a data transfer rate of up to 1000Mbps
• Suitable for 10BASE-T and 100BASE-TX and Gigabit networks
• Unshielded twisted pair (UTP) structure of cable helps to cancel out interference from external sources
• Fitted, unshielded, eight position eight contact (8P8C) RJ45 connectors with strain relief boots for use with Ethernet ports
• DHCP compliantWhat is Cat5e cable?
These category 5e (Cat5e) cables use an unshielded twisted pair (UTP) structure to reduce outside interference and are typically used in networking applications. The maximum certified data transfer rate of this cable is 1000Mbps, making UTP Cat5e cables suitable for 10Base-T (10Mbps), 100BaseTX (100Mbps) and 1000Base-T Gigabit (1000Mbps) networks. The maximum length of a single run of cable can be up to 100m before a network switch or repeater is needed. Cat5e cables, as well as carrying data, can carry telephone signals for IP phones or Video.
Why would I use this cable?
Ethernet cables are typically used in creating a network of wired devices. This is commonly achieved by using Ethernet ports to connect equipment and devices to a network switch or internet router. This connection then provides you with access to a local area network (LAN) or the internet. It offers a high speed, uninterruptable connection that is ideal for gaming, media streaming or video conferencing.
Ethernet cables are available in different colours, which lets you co-ordinate network cables from different devices. Helping you in keeping your network cables organised and tidy.
|Max data transfer rate
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.