CCTV Remote Access Setup Package
• Do you need some professional help setting up your CCTV DVR Security System and its connection to the Internet or your mobile phone?
• Want to set up your CCTV security kit and DVR but don’t have the required IT knowledge? We can help!
• This service is available for CCTV kits purchased from Maplin onlyMaplin are pleased to introduce our professional Internet and smartphone service, where one of our technically trained advisors will remotely assist with your network configuration and setup.
This service is available for all CCTV kits sold by Maplin. Services include:
• Remote configuration of your router using either a static or dynamic IP address
• Remote configuration of your router to allow remote CCTV access
• Configuration of your DVR to ensure you have the right settings for your desired application
• Ensuring you can view your premises remotely using a web browser including a demonstration on how to do this
• Technical telephone support to configure either an iPhone® or Android smartphone to enable mobile viewing
This exclusive service is only available to our customers who are purchasing one of the range of Camera & DVR Kits sold by Maplin.
How the service works
1. Order your choice of CCTV DVR Security System
2. Once received, install your system and connect the systems DVR to your router
At this point you can then call our Technical team on 0333 400 9500 and we can then book the set-up appointment at a time convenient to you. We will then send you an email confirmation of the booking.
You simply then need to have your router’s username and password available, plus have downloaded the remote access software in readiness for when our advisor calls. Don’t worry, we will provide you with a link to the software prior to your call.
It’s as simple as that and we can then take care of the rest.
Remote Assistance Terms and Conditions
Our Remote Assistance Disclaimer
Whilst we embark on taking all due care in the use of your computer, Maplin cannot guarantee this service will resolve the IT problem or that the attempt to resolve technical issues will not cause additional problems or further support call. Maplin is not liable for any consequential damages and it is the Customers responsibility to backup all applications and data prior to the session.
NB. Please close any personal or confidential information on your screen, as the technician will be viewing your desktop.
By using this Remote Assistance Service you understand that:
All remote service and software provided "as is" and at customers sole risk.
You are responsible for the backup of your data and applications.
Maplin is not liable for consequential damages of any kind.
Maplin is not liable for unauthorised access to anybody's computers via the remote software ‘GoToAssist’ (anyone can connect to your computer using GoToAssist, however they will need the password/unique identifier to do so).
Maplin and its colleagues will not disclose passwords or IDs to any undisclosed 3rd party.
Maplin uses the software ‘GoToAssist’ to provide remote assistance and technical support. Features of this software include:
Easy to use and totally secure. You are in full control and can end the session at any time.
Completely secure data channels with key exchange and session encoding, the same security standard used in HTTPS/SSL technologies - the gold standard in security on the internet.
Ability to diagnose and resolve problems remotely.
Allow your Technician to view or control your desktop.
Transfer files via direct transfer to or from the Technical representative (optional).
GoTotAssist will be installed onto your computer or via a mobile app so that we can obtain remote access at any time with your permission. If you wish to uninstall the software please follow the software uninstall guidelines available from GoToAssist.
Connecting to your Computer or Mobile Device
When you have agreed to use our remote service you will need to initiate a secure connection with one of our Technicians.
In order to create this connection, you will be emailed a link to download a module to your system that will communicate with our engineer’s computer. Our engineer will explain how you can download this module.
Note that if you do not agree to these terms and conditions Maplin will not be able to provide the Remote Assistance Service. Maplin reserve the right to withdraw the service at any time and take no responsibility for any out of pocket expenses, installation fees of third parties or individuals as a result.
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.