ClearSound BDP400 Telephone
• Tactile keys for easy recognition
• Large print user guide
• Unique ergonomic design
• Unique choice of colours and fonts for best contrast for the visually impaired
• Vocalization of all the menu, names, numbers and commands
• Press each button to hear each command spoken out loud
• Talking Caller ID
• Vocalized stamp of date and time
• Register of last 64 incoming calls with name and number
• Record names in the memories and HEAR them spoken as a call comes in
• Easy to use navigational menu
• Adjustable receiving volume control up to 40dB
• Adjustable receiving Tone Control +/- 10dB
• 3 one-touch memory buttons
• Phone book with 50 numbers
• Big button keypad
• Extra loud hands free speaker phone with volume setting
• Last number redial
• Time break recall
• Mute function
• Extra Large Display screen (10 x 15cm)
• Characters size 23mm
• Backlit display
• Screen contrast setting white/black background or black/white background
• Height adjustment for best individual recognition of the display
• Extra bright visual ringer indicator
• Adjustable ringer volume control
• 3 ringing melodies
• Wall mountable, provided with wall fixings
• Size with display open 18 x 35 x 7cm
• Pulse/Tone dialing mode
• 4 x AA batteries (not included)Discover the Geemarc ClearSound BDP400, a unique solution for all those with both a visual and a hearing impairment! This telephone has been developed in partnership with the Royal National Institute for the Blind and incorporates all the features needed to use it with a visual impairment. The extra large display screen is backlit to make the colour contrast optimal: names, numbers or menu options will show up in 2-inch characters to make it easier to see. Braille symbols on the buttons also make tactile recognition of the keys very easy. Last but not least, all the functions of the BDP400 are vocalised: press any key and the telephone will tell you what button you have pressed. The menu is fully vocalised as well: the BDP400 will prompt you to make adjusting the settings or entering names and numbers into the phonebook even easier. The little extra? Caller identification is also vocalised: the telephone will say the number of the person who is calling out loud. You even have the option to record yourself saying your contact’s name when you enter them into the phonebook: when they call you, the telephone will then say their name in your own voice. Another key feature to the Geemarc BDP400 is its volume setting. It is fully hearing aid compatible, with an induction loop hidden inside the handset; it has adjustable volume control (going up to 40dB), to make the telephone louder, and adjustable tone control, to adjust the pitch of the telephone to your hearing loss. Features include an amplified ringer, a flashing ringer indicator and an extra loud handsfree speaker phone.
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.