Connectix Cat6a SFTP Network Patch Cable 3m - Orange
• Three metre cable for connection of network devices to a switch or network router
• 500 MHz Cat6a cable allows for a data transfer rate of up to 10Gbps over a distance of 100 metres
• Compatible with 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, Gigabit and 10GBase-T networks
• Screened, foiled twisted pair (SFTP) uses foil braid and individually wrapped wires with solid cores, maximise the cables ability to prevent crosstalk and outside interference
• Fitted and shielded eight position, eight contact (8P8C) RJ45 connectors with strain relief boots and snag resistant clips for use with Ethernet ports
• Conforms to ANSI/TIA 568-C Category 6a as well as DHCP compliantWhat is a Cat6a cable?
Cat6a is a form of cable used in high speed, structured networking environments. Category 6a (Cat6a) outperforms Cat6 cables with improved shielding and the ability to maintain a higher transfer speed over distance. Cat6a cables use internal shielding on the cable, as well as individually wrapped wires to provide minimal interference and prevent crosstalk from entering. Due to this, the diameter of the cable is slightly larger than its Cat6 and Cat5e counterparts. A higher transmission frequency of 500MHz means that these cables are capable of speeds of up to 10Gbps over a run of 100 metres when used on 10GBase-T networks.
Cat6a cables are backwards compatible with 10Base-T (10Mbps), 100Base-TX (100Mbps) and Gigabit (1000Mbps) networks.
Why would I use this cable?
This cable would be best used to maximise the speed of a 10GBase-T networking environment, as Cat6a cables can handle a large amount of data. These networks would typically be found in large office or workspace areas where many computers need high speed wired connections. Cat6a cables are available in different colours, which lets you co-ordinate network cables from different devices.
Cat6a cables can also be used in a home network in preparation for 10GBase-T (10Gbps) networks, only installations with CAT6a cabling will be able to take advantage of this faster bandwidth.
|Max data transfer rate
||10Gbps (100 m)
||Shielded RJ45 (8P8C)
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.