Connex Roller Coaster Ball Electronic Kit
• Make an amazing roller coaster ball run
• Have fun building and playing with this roller coaster run
• Learn about forces, momentum, speed and acceleration
• With 34 parts there’s plenty of fun to be had in constructing the run
• Suitable for children aged 8+
• Runs off two AA batteries (sold separately - Order Code L43AL)Special features
• Mix and match components with other kits in the Connex rangeWhat does this roller coaster do?
Learn forces and momentum the fun way with this Connex roller coaster. Create a roller coaster complete with mechanical lift and conveyer belt steps powered from a single gearbox motor (which requires two AA batteries sold separately Order Code <L43AL
> to run). Let the ball race through the run with the two different paths. What does this teach?
Children will learn about the different forces acting on a ball - from gravity to momentum and friction. Show speed and acceleration through play. Demonstrate that the ball can go uphill for short length with its momentum and that the ball gains energy from gravity falling from the lift. The Connex 38608 comes in a handy storage box that doubles as the platform for building the run on. No soldering is required with this kit, all the components can be connected using the supplied wires fitting into the springs on the board. Create different triggers for your run by mixing components with other Connex kits.
This kit should be used with adult supervision and assistance, and is suitable for children aged eight and above.
|Number of included parts
|Number of models that can be made
|What can be made?
||Roller Coaster Ball run
|Computer system requirements
|Age group, if specified
|Power supply requirements
||2 x AA batteries (not included)
||240 mm x 190 mm x 208 mm
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.