Crucial 128GB M550 SSD
• 128GB internal solid state drive (SSD)
• 2.5 inch SATA III connection with a read speed of 550MB/s and a write speed of 350MB/s for a super quick data transfer and fast start-up speed
• 90,000 input/output per second (IOPS)
• Perfect for use in laptops and notebooks to replace your existing hard drive with a faster, quieter version
• CT128M550SSD1How much can you store on this SSD?
This particular SSD will give you enough storage for approximately 24 hours of high definition video or over 70,000 photos so you’ll never have to worry about running out of space.
Why should I buy a solid state drive?
SSD drives are faster, more reliable and a lot more efficient than a mechanical hard drive (HDD). Durability and reliability are two things you can expect from an SSD. They are able to withstand knocks and shocks, making them ideal to use in laptops and netbooks. This doesn’t mean you can’t use them in computers - they provide a quick start up speed and a silent operation as well as being easy to install into your case.
How secure is the drive?
This solid state drive comes with AES 256-bit encryption hardware, the same as they use in banks and hospitals, which allows you to keep your data and personal information safe and secure from thieves and hackers.
What difference does the read/write speed make?
The read/write speed of a hard drive is the main factor when starting your computer up. With a read speed of 550MB/s and a write speed of 350MB/s, this will speed up your start up time, when compared to using a 7200 RPM and 5400 RPM hard drives. This can make a real impact on your computer if you are wanting to improve its performance.
||68.6 mm x 100.6 mm x 7 mm
||5 V from motherboard
||Windows / OSX
|Drive form factor
|Sequential read speed
|Sequential write speed
|Drive spin speed
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.