Crucial BX100 250GB SSD
• 250GB internal solid state drive (SSD)
• 2.5 inch SATA connection with a read/write speed of up to 535MB/sec for a ultra-quick data transfer and super-fast start up speed
• 97,000 input/output per second (IOPS)
• Perfect for use in laptops and notebooks to replace your existing hard drive to a faster, quieter versionWhat performance can I expect from this hard drive?
This hard drive is 250GB which is enough to be able to run your operating system as well as storing your documents on your laptop or notebook as well as your pictures and music. The read/write speed of up to 535MB/sec allows you to start your computer up quicker as well as being able to scan and search for files rapidly.
How reliable is this hard drive?
The Crucial BX100 solid state drive is significantly more reliable than a typical hard drive. In the computer industry, storage drive reliability is measured in mean times between failures (MTBF). Most hard drives have MTBF ratings of 0.6 million hours whereas the BX100 clocks in at 1.5 million hours. This gives you an SSD that has been proved to be 2.5 times as reliable as a standard hard drive.
How easy is the SSD to install?
Installing a new hard drive can be a daunting prospect if you haven’t done it before - but it doesn’t have to be. Installing into a laptop or a computer is easy enough as long as you remember to use an anti-static wrist strap which prevents you from potentially damaging any smaller components within the computer. The SATA connection allows you to just unplug the pre-existing hard drive to which you can then plug the new one in.
||68.6 mm x 100.6 mm x 7 mm
||5 V from motherboard
||Windows / OSX
|Drive form factor
|Data transfer speed
|Drive spin speed
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.