Call 0333 400 9500 or Email us
CYCLOPS Sheath Stripper 11mm
- Self-adjusting stripper to remove the outer insulation from data/signal cables up to 11mm diameter
- Ideal for twisted pairs (UTP and STP), ‘Belden’ cables, multicore cables (screened and unscreened), instrumentation and telephone cables
- Easy to use and has no open blades
- On promotion until 29/12/14
- Limited stock may be available in some stores. Call us on 0844 557 6000 to check
CYCLOPS Sheath Stripper 11mm
ReviewsWrite a Review
1 of 1 Reviews
Remember trying to remove the outer cover from multi-core cables using a knife. All would go well until the last moment when you would find you'd also cut through the inner cores. Cut it all off and try again. Will there be enough of the cable left after a few attempts like this? This simple tool can help avoid this and I've had good results with it. It was delivered by Shutl along with some other stuff. What a useful device! It has an instruction sheet, but it is easy to use. Hidden inside the device is a very sharp blade. You insert the cable to be stripped into the top; where it says "Max Cut Min Cut" in the picture and then simply rotate it one way for deep cut or the other for a minimal cut. You decide according to the weight of the cable you've got. My experience is that it scores a cut through the outer insulation, but manages to avoid cutting through the individual cores inside. This was on some 5mm three-core mains cable, but the hole permits up to 11mm according to the catalogue. Once done, remove the tool and wiggle the outer covering off. Quite a joy to use! Obviously a trial run is a good idea. If you had some very fine cables it might still go all the way through! I recommend this tool.
|Item code||Item name||Quantity||Price|
|CW34M||CYCLOPS Sheath Stripper 11mm||(1+)||£3.74|
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9500 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9500.
- Home Delivery
- Click & Collect