Devolo dLAN 550 WiFi Powerline Single Socket
• Up to 500Mbps transfer speed between the powerline plugs*
• Extend the network coverage in your home for an uninterrupted connection
• Easy to install – simply plug in, pair up and enjoy wider network coverage
• Pairing button allows you to easily connect this kit to your router and add additional powerline plugs
• Wi-Fi extension included at up to N300 speeds for improving your overall wireless network
• Protect your data with 128-bit AES encryption built into the powerline plugs
• Maximum range of up to 400m between the powerline adapters
• Single powerline plug and network cable included to expand an existing system
• An Ethernet port lets you connect directly to your network via a wired connection
• Manufacturer part number: 9626
• Wi-Fi clone (WPS button) button lets you add the Wi-Fi plugs to your current wireless network
*Actual data will vary due to the network conditions and environmental factorsIs this powerline kit right for me?
Use this Wi-Fi powerline socket to bring the internet into any corner of your home using your very own household power circuit and eliminate weak Wi-Fi problems. Using Devolo’s range+ technology, all three wires in the electrical circuit are used to provide transfer speeds of up to 500Mbps between the plugs. The Wi-Fi plug is compact and has an Ethernet port, allowing you to plug devices such as a smart TV or gaming console to your network, without the need of a long Ethernet cable.
What is the Wi-Fi like?
The two integrated antennas in the Wi-Fi plug provide you with wireless transfer speeds of up to 300Mbps, although this is dependent on signal strength and obstacles such as walls. You’ll also achieve seamless coverage by plugging each of the adapters on different storeys. Through ‘WiFi Move’ technology, multiple Wi-Fi adapters will be connected to a single Wi-Fi network – for optimal Wi-Fi reception throughout your home. By pressing the Wi-Fi clone button, you can add the Wi-Fi plug to your existing wireless network and have them use the same password for ease of use.
How could I use this powerline kit?
The Devolo dLAN 550 is plug and play, which makes installation simple and quick. Plug the socket into the mains, press the link button and within two minutes this new plug will be part of your existing system. The plug is also HomePlug certified, making it compatible with other manufacturer’s HomePlug certified devices. All you need to do is use the same password on all the powerline adapters to create a common network.
How does powerline work?
Powerline technology transfers data using the electrical wiring of the household. A single powerline plug is connected directly to a router and plugged into a mains socket. This plug then communicates to all other plugs on the same electricity supply. This kit comes with a single powerline plug that connects to a router, and another plug that will connect to your networked device and allow it to communicate with your router over the mains. The powerline adapters will communicate with each other when connected directly to mains sockets on the same fuse board. Additional receivers, including receivers that give a wireless signal, are sold separately and can connect additional devices to your router. For the best results, choose a powerline receiver capable of sending up to 500Mbps.
|Network port speed
|Pass through power sockets
|Wi-Fi extender included
|Plug and play
|Dimensions (W x D x H)
||68 mm x 41 mm x 68 mm (each, without plug)
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.