• Good flight time of 22 minutes which can be increased to 40 minutes with a second mounted battery
• Up to 2,000m transmission range with CAA/IAA permit. Without a permit the legal range for a drone to fly is 500m horizontally and 122m vertically in the line of sight from the operator. See The CAA (UK)
or The IAA (ROI)
for more information
• The included Lightbridge system provides you with flight/status data straight to your smart device
• The DJI Pilot app, which is compatible with iOS and Android, provides you with a vast range of information such as telemetry, signal strengths and battery lifeSpecial features
• Return to home function helps to bring the drone back to where it started flying enabling you to regain sight of it
• Modular design of the DJI Matrice allows you to add and remove components, allowing you to create a bespoke drone
• API control feature allows developers to make various apps to monitor and control the DJI Matrice making it even more customisablePlease check here
for device compatibility.What makes this drone different?
The DJI Matrice 100 allows developers to keep the great flying experience that DJI drones are known for, whilst being able to re-purpose it for a broad range of research and business applications. This is all due to the open platform and modular setup of the DJI Matrice 100 (M100). The M100 has an operating distance of 2000m* enabling you to explore and monitor areas a great distance away. Multiple controllers can be connected to it too, with the master remote controlling the movement and the slave remote controlling the gimbal and camera (when a DJI Zenmuse X3 gimbal with camera is attached, Order Code: A51TG
).What can I connect to this DJI Matrice?
You can make the M100 truly bespoke to you with a range of different devices that can be connected. It has dual parallel CAN ports for connecting DJI devices such as the guidance system and dual parallel UART ports for third party devices such as sensors, computing boards and communication tools, with the maximum extra load being 1000g. Extra bays can be added to the M100 providing you with plenty of space to affix any extra devices, such as an extra battery compartment (Order Code: A77TX) or an expansion bay (Order Code: A78TX).What is the guidance system?
The DJI guidance system, which can be installed on the M100, is a visual sensor system that helps to make sure the M100 doesn’t fly into obstacles. The guidance system uses ultrasonic sensors and stereo cameras to provide highly precise positioning information, even without GPS, at a maximum distance of 20m. The sensors and cameras are positioned on five sides and ensures that obstacles are detected as well in every direction. When an obstacle is detected it can tell the M100 to avoid the collision even at high speeds. This provides you with great confidence that the M100 will not be damaged during automated flights such as during return to home.How else can I customise the DJI Matrice 100?
Unlock the full potential of the DJI Matrice 100 (M100) with the built-in API control feature. This feature allows developers to work on their own apps and coding to make the M100 solve a variety of problems and perform various tasks by using the DJI SDK (software development kit). An example of such a development is using the drone to help parking administrators detect illegally parked cars by taking a picture of the car’s license plate and then sending it back to the base station. The DJI Matrice 100 is a flight platform that can be adapted and applied to solve a whole host of problems from various industries, where the only limit is your creativity.
Up to 2,000m transmission range with CAA permit. Without a permit the legal range for a drone to fly is 500m horizontally and 122m vertically in the line of sight from the operator. See The Civil Aviation Authority
for more informationSafe flying is your responsibility
We fully encourage safe and responsible flying. We recommend you read the CAA’s/IAA’s website for full information on safe and responsible flying. The CAA (UK)The IAA (ROI)Please see the Downloads tab for information regarding responsible flying and aviation law.What are the codes for spare and replacement parts?
Below is a list of spare and replacement products that this Blade Chroma drone is compatible with:
DJI Guidance System (Order Code: A74TX)
DJI Matrice 100 Guidance Connector Kit (Order Code: A75TX)
DJI Matrice 100 Gimbal Installation Kit (Order Code: A76TX)
DJI Matrice 100 Battery Compartment (Order Code: A77TX)
DJI Matrice 100 Expansion Bay (Order Code: A78TX)
DJI Matrice 100 TB47D Spare Battery (Order Code: A79TX)