DJI Phantom 3 Standard Quadcopter Drone
• High capacity 4480mAh S4 battery giving a good flight time of 25 minutes
• Up to 1,000m transmission range with CAA/IAA permit. Without a permit the legal range for a drone to fly is 500m horizontally and 122m vertically in the line of sight from the operator. See The CAA (UK)
or The IAA (ROI)
for more information
• Three-axis gimbal provides improved accuracy when rotating the cameraSpecial Features
• Advanced autopilot gives you the option to automatically take off, rise to a pre-set height as well as return to the starting position with the press of a button
• Download the DJI Go app to live stream your flight to YouTube so you can show off your flying ability to your friends What makes this drone different from the others?
The DJI Phantom 3 Standard is vastly improved from the other drones. The range at which you can fly has been greatly increased from 700, to 1,000km*. The drone has a better hover accuracy than the Phantom 2 with only a ± 10cm vertical and a ± 1m horizontal accuracy. This compares to a ± 80cm vertical and a ± 2.5m horizontal accuracy on the previous version, giving you more accurate positioning as you are flying. What is the advantage of having a three-axis gimbal?
The three-axis gimbal that comes standard with the Phantom 3 gives you more stability and control when recording videos or capturing still photography. The gimbal is fully controllable from the remote controller and the dedicated DJI Pilot app, giving you smooth and stable footage as you fly.What advantage does using the autopilot have?
The autopilot feature on this drone allows you to make the most of the advanced automatic elements with the push of a button. The Phantom 3 will automatically take off, rise to a pre-set height using the DJI Pilot app and hover in the set position until you take over. It also has a return to home mode where if the battery starts running low or you lose connection it will enter its failsafe mode, returning to where you initially took off from. This saves you having to search for the device if anything was to happen whilst you were mid-flight.Safe flying is your responsibility
We fully encourage safe and responsible flying. We recommend you read the CAA’s/IAA’s website for full information on safe and responsible flying. The CAA (UK)The IAA (ROI)Please see the Downloads tab for information regarding responsible flying and aviation law.NB: Phone not included
|Weight (including battery and props)
|Diagonal size (including propellers)
|Max Ascent Speed
|Max Descent Speed
|Max Altitude Above Sea Level
||0 to 40 degrees C
||FOV 94 degrees, 20mm, f/2.8
||100-3200 video, 100-1600 photo
|Image Max Size
||4000 x 3000
|Still Photography Modes
||Single shot, burst shooting 3/5/7 frames, bracketed frames at 0.7EV Bias
|Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB)
|Video Recording Modes
||2704x1520p at 24/25/30
||1920x1080p at 24/25/30
||1280x720p at 24/25/30/48/50/60
|Supported SD Card Types
||64 GB (Class 10/UHS-1 rating required)
|Max Bitrate of Video Storage
|Supported File Formats
||MP4, MOV (MPEG-4 AVC)
|Max Flight Time
||Approximately 25 minutes
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.