Electro-Fashion Sewable Light Sensor
• A simple light sensor that turns connected components on in low light
• Great for all wearable projects
• Connected purely by conductive thread
• Reqiures a CR2032 coin cell battery (not included)What can you do with the switched light sensor?
This board contains a light-reactive circuit that will turn on any connected LEDs or other components when the room is dark. You will need a CR2032 coin cell battery to power the circuit. Please note, the coin cell holders contain nickel and should not be used in designs where it will have prolonged contact with skin.
Sew this board and other components into your clothing or fabric using conductive thread. If you have hidden the circuit you may make a small hole for the light sensor itself to peer through, and it will protrude by 2mm. There are no other components on that side of the PCB.
The board also has a built-in switch to safely turn the circuit off when it is not in use. You can extend this circuit by sewing conductive thread into the marked terminals.
||1x CR2032 (not included)
|Height (excluding light sensor)
|Height (including light sensor)
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.