• Soar up to heights of 350 metres with the Crossfire rocket and 183 metres with the Amazon rocket
• Two separate rockets in the pack allow you to launch a larger rocket with a lower altitude or a smaller rocket with a larger altitude
• The smaller Crossfire rocket is 396mm long while the larger Amazon rocket is 853mm long
• Package includes launch pad and launch controller so you can be just like NASA’s mission control
• Requires assembly as well as motors, starters and recovery wadding – available to purchase separately with the Blast Off Flight Pack
• Crossfire rocket comes in white with a red nose cone and the Amazon rocket comes in sleek black with tiger print decals for the mid-sectionWhat is included in the rocket set?
The Tandem-X Launch Set from Estes comes with two rockets as well as a launch pad and launch controller. The launch pad and launch controller allow you to position your rocket vertically and launch from a safe a distance so you can ensure the safety of those around you. The two styles of rocket differ in what altitude can be reached after launch. The smaller, lighter Crossfire can reach a maximum height of 350 metres whereas the larger, heavier Amazon can only reach a maximum height of 183 metres before the included parachutes let the rockets gently glide back to the ground.
The rockets will require some assembly, including the use of carpenter’s glue, plastic cement and a modelling knife. The Amazon is an easy to assemble rocket and can be built in approximately an hour. The Crossfire, even with its smaller size, will require more time to build due to its skill level 1 rating and can take up to a day to finish the construction completely. What is the difference between a single stage and a two stage rocket?
A single stage rocket, such as this one, only has one motor and will therefore only have one burst of fuel per take off. A two stage rocket has two bursts of fuel, and would be able to reach a higher altitude. What do I need to launch the rockets?
To get your rockets off the ground you will need a compatible motor. There are a range of motors that can be used with these rockets, we recommend the following Amazon: B4-2, B4-4, B6-2, B6-4, C6-3 and C6-5. Crossfire: A8-3, B4-4, B6-4, C6-5 and C6-7. You will also require starters and recovery wadding to launch your rockets which can be found in the Blast-Off Flight Pack, as well as on their own. These extras can be found in the links below.
N48DK – Blast Off Flight Pack
N49DK – A8-3 Rocket Motor 24 Pack
N51DK – C6-5 Rocket Motor 24 Pack
N58DK – Recovery Wadding
N59DK – Solar Starters What other accessories can I use with the rockets?
Accessorise your rockets with a range of great additions to really get the most from them. With the Estes Altimeter you can accurately measure your rocket’s altitude up to 3000m whilst the Estes AltiTrak can also measure your rocket’s altitude by utilising basic trigonometry and the device. Wewould recommend the Tube Marking Guide as the perfect addition to your rockets. This device will make building your rockets a lot easier by marking your fin and launch lug placements to ensure you don’t make a mistake when putting the rockets together. Find a link to the accessories below.
N55DK – Estres AltiTrak
N56DK – Estres Altimeter
N57DK – Tube Marking GuideWhat is the recommended age for these rockets?
It is recommended that these rockets are used by ages 10 and up, with adult supervision for children under 12 years of age.