EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX980 ACX 2.0 SC 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
• NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 980 chipset with a core speed of 1,266MHz, 1,367MHz boost clock speed
• 4GB GDDR5 video memory (VRAM) running at 7,010MHz, for astounding graphics rendering performance at 4k resolution
• Enjoy many games on high visual settings at up to 4K resolutions
• Connect a range of monitors to the graphics card with three DisplayPort, a DVI-I and HDMI ports
• Supports four monitors simultaneously for an immersive gaming experience, with a maximum resolution of 4096 x 2160 pixels on each, 4K (UHD) supported
• three-way SLI® support allows you to connect up to three graphics cards together for extreme performance benefits
• Full-sized card that takes up two expansion case slots, so please check your case and motherboard dimensions first
• ACX 2.0 cooling system utilise twin high pressure fans to keep the card cool when under load
• Manufacturer part number: 04G-P4-2983-KR
• Virtual reality (VR) ready so you can enjoy a fascinating 360 degree gaming experienceWould this card the right one for me?
If you’re looking for a high performance upgrade for your gaming computer and want to play a wide variety of games without experiencing framerate drops, then this graphics card is the ideal choice for you. Based on NVIDIA’s GeForce® GTX™ 980 chipset, this card runs at factory superclocked base speed of 1,266MHz and fits into the PCI Express 3.0 (PCIe 3.0) x16 slot on your motherboard. A large 4GB of GDDR5 memory is available, providing you with the better gaming experience at a high resolution. Packed with exclusive EVGA technologies, such as ACX 2.0 design for maximum air flow and quieter operation, this card is an ideal choice if you want to take your gaming experience to the next level through 4K, virtual reality, DirectX® 12 and more.
How well does this graphics card perform?
Fitted with a gigantic 6GB of GDDR5 RAM memory that is running at 7,010MHz, you are able to run your games at the highest settings and watch movies in 4K resolution. A 256-bit memory bus means that this card is capable of rendering and displaying your content quickly, providing you with high frame rates – even if your game is highly texturized. Furthermore, NVIDIA® GPU Boost™ 2.0 is a feature that is embedded into the EVGA GTX 980. This feature automatically overclocks/boosts the performance of the graphics card until it hits a predetermined temperate target, providing you with the highest frame rates possible for your game.
What connections does this graphics card have?
Located at the back of the graphics card are three DisplayPort, DVI-I and HDMI ports, so that you can connect to a number of display devices. The maximum resolution supported by the graphics card is 4096 x 2160 pixels, which provides you with an outstanding amount of detail on your chosen screen. This also means that 4K resolution is supported too, as long as your monitor or other display supports it. Using NVIDIA® Surround™, you can output to four monitors simultaneously and use them all as a single display for a truly immersive gaming experience.
Support for NVIDIA 3D Vision® allows you to not only play games in 3D, but also watch movies and view pictures in 3D too. A stunning visual experience is also achieved through NVIDIA® G-SYNC™, and with a compatible monitor you can obtain scenes instantly and minimize display shutter and input lag.
How is this card cooled
This EVGA GTX 980 utilises the EVGA ACX 2.0 cooling system to help keep your graphics card running at peak efficiency while optimally dissipating excess heat when under load. Optimized Swept fan blades, double ball bearings and an extreme low power motor, EVGA ACX 2.0 delivers more air flow with less power, unlocking additional power for the GPU.
How can I overclock this card?
The EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 SC edition graphics card uses the precision X software from EVGA to allow you manage all aspects of your card. Manually control GPU speed, memory speed and fan profiles to allow you to overclock your card for extra performance
||NVIDIA GeForce® GTX™ 980
||PCI Express 3.0
|Video Memory Type
|Video Memory Capacity
|Memory Clock Speed
|Engine Clock Base
|Engine Clock Boost/max
|Virtual reality ready
|Number of slots taken up
|Number of DisplayPort outputs
|Display Port version
|Number of Mini Display Port outputs
|Min Display Port version
|Number of D-Sub outputs
|Number of DVI outputs
||1 (Dual-link DVI-I)
|Number of mini HDMI outputs
|Number of HDMI outputs
|Max number of displays
||4096 x 2160 pixels
||DirectCU III and triple wing-blades
||Up to 185W
|External power supply required?
||Yes – additional 6 pin and 6 pin PCIe power required
|Minimum recommended power supply
|DirectX version support
||12 API with Feature Level 12.1
|OpenGL version support
|Manufacturer part number
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.