Franzis Retro FM Radio Electronic Kit
• Create your own retro looking FM radio with touch controlled scanning
• Build and solder a radio to listen to your favourite FM channels
• Learn about how electronics and radios work
• Includes 18 components to play and learn with
• Suitable for ages 14+ with adult supervision
• Requires two AA batteries (sold separately, Order Code L43AL)What can I listen to with this radio?
Calling all radio fans: you can now create your very own retro style radio with this fun electronic kit. The kit comes with everything you’ll need to solder a working FM radio. Build the radio with 18 components before relaxing to your favourite FM channels. You can fully control your radio with a touch, with this radio possessing tuning, reset and mute touch sensitive control areas. Select from a frequency range of 87.5MHz to 108MHz and find your preferred radio channel.
How do I put it together?
With this kit, you can learn electronics and try your hand at soldering. Some of the components are already attached to the board, but there are also some components and connections that you’ll need to solder. Use the capacitors, resistor, potentiometers, speakers and more included in this kit to create your detector. The detector has a knob on the front, with which you can control your volume. The radio has four touch sensitive areas, work using the skin moisture and have pre-drilled holes if you want to connect up push switches (not included) instead.
|Number of included parts
|Number of models that can be made
|What can be made?
|Does it require soldering?
|Computer system requirements
|Power supply requirements
||2 x AA batteries (not included)
||87.5MHz - 108 MHz
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.