FTDI Interface Expansion Module for Raspberry Pi
• One standard USB type A plug to connect to the host
• External power input connector available to supply external downstream USB ports
• Support for USB suspend and resume
• UART data transfer rates from 300baud to 12Mbaud at 3.3V TTL levels
• Synchronous serial (MPSSE) data rates of up to 30Mbps on JTAG, SPI and I2C
• Defaults to two independent UART interfaces
• All I/O pins are 5V safe
• UHCI/OHCI/EHCI host controller compatible
• On board EEPROM 93LC56 for FT2232H configuration
• USB 2.0 high speed compatibleThe Interface Expansion Module is a USB HUB and USB to dual channel multi interface converter module designed for Raspberry Pi. It utilises an FT2232H USB to UART/MPSSE IC, along with a GL850G USB hub controller IC. The FT2232H based RPi HUB module is a USB to UART/245FIFO/SPI/I2C/JTAG/GPIO interface expansion module targeted at connecting to Raspberry Pi computer to expand the number of interfaces. However, it is not limited to this application. It can also be used as a HUB device or an FT2232H evaluation module. The module has a USB 2.0 high speed HUB chip which supports up to three external downstream USB ports. This module utilises the GL850G USB 2.0 HUB controller which provides a low cost and widely used USB 2.0 HUB solution, to provide up to 4 downstream USB ports. The GL850G is a single chip USB hub solution. The GL850G is a full function solution which supports both Individual/Gang power management modes and two colour (green/amber) status LED.
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.