Garmin GPSMAP 78s Handheld GPS with 2.6 Inch Colour Screen
• 65k colour screen• High sensitivity GPS chipset• 1.7GB memory plus microSD slot• 20 hours battery life• Bluechart G2 compatible• Worldwide shaded relief basemap• Wirelessly share thumbnails, routes, tracks, waypoints and geocaches between compatible units • 3-axis compass, provides accurate heading even when the unit is not held level • Barometric altimeter tracks pressure changes to pinpoint your precise altitude and to assist in monitoring weatherFeaturing a bright 2.6-inch LCD colour display with a high-sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix®, the GPSMAP 78 series takes recreational navigation to a new level. The GPSMAP 78s includes a built-in microSD card slot for loading additional maps and has a dedicated MOB (man over board) button. In addition to the standard feature set on the GPSMAP 78, the 78s version adds a 3-axis compass, a barometric altimeter and a world wide shaded relief basemap. The GPSMAP 78s also offers wireless route and waypoint sharing with other compatible units. And, like the rest of the 78-series, the 78s is IPX7 waterproof and even floats in water. Adding more maps is easy with Garmin’s wide array of detailed marine, topographic and road maps, available on microSD card. Conveniently plug in BlueChart® g2 preloaded cards for a great day on the water or City Navigator NT® map data for turn-by-turn routing by road (see garmin.com for compatible maps). The GPSMAP 78s also supports BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (subscription required), that lets you download satellite images to your device and integrate them with your maps. In addition, the 78s is compatible with Custom Maps, free Garmin software that transforms your own paper and electronic maps into downloadable maps for your GPS handheld device. With a simple connection to your computer and to the Internet, you can get a detailed analysis of your activities and send tracks to your outdoor device using Garmin Connect. This one-stop site offers an activity table and allows you to view your activities on a map using Google Earth. Explore other routes uploaded by millions of other Garmin Connect users and share your experiences on Twitter® and Facebook®. Getting started is easy, so get out there, explore, and share.
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.