Gertboard I/O Extension Board for the Raspberry Pi
• Expand the available connections to your Raspberry Pi with the Gertboard Extension Board
• Allows you to increase the number of devices that can be attached to a single Raspberry Pi
• Connect to most Raspberry Pi and Arduino accessories
• Compatible with Raspberry Pi A, A+, B, B+ and Raspberry Pi 2 model B
• Pre-assembled – no need to solder just plug straight into your Raspberry PiWhat does my Gertboard add to my Raspberry Pi?
Plug it in to the GPIO port on your Raspberry Pi to expand your connections. Great for beginners and expert users alike. Use it to advance your projects or just for allowing remote plug-ins for a hard-to-get-to Pi board. Use with your Raspberry Pi to add motors, switch multiple devices on and off or build a message board, what you add is up to you with the Gertboard’s flexible compatibility.
What can I use the Gertboard for?
With the pre-assembled kit there is no need to solder which means all the components stay firmly and neatly in place. The Gertboard powers itself straight from your Raspberry Pi so there’s no need for an additional power supply, just sit the board on top of your Raspberry Pi. The board contains pins for a motor controller, analogue to digital and digital to analogue connections, switches, LEDs relays and GPIO for whatever experiments you can dream up.
What is compatible with my Gertboard?
Compatible with all Raspberry Pi boards and most accessories the Gertboard lets you extend your experiment to even more input or outputs opening up a world of possibilities. The expansion board is even capable of connecting to Arduino to add an extra level to your projects. Arduino can be used to make anything from a RFID cat door to a pressure activated light-up umbrella or an EyeWriter to an animatronic hand.
|Type of devices
|Compatible with which Pi's?
||Raspberry pi model A, A+, B, B+ and B V2
||Dependant on use
||3.3V from Raspberry Pi
||1 A minimum
||Jumper leads x 10
||Pin connectors x 18
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.