GW Instek PSW 80-40.5 Programmable Switching Multi-Range D.C. Power Supply
• Output power rating 1080W
• Voltage rating 80V
• Constant power output for multi-range (V&I) operation
• Particularly suitable for the battery and LED industry - C.V / C.C priority
• Adjustable slew rate
• Series and parallel operation (2 units in series/3 units in parallel maximum)
• High efficiency and high power density
• Standard interface LAN, USB, analogue control interface
• Optional interface GPIB-USB Adapter
• LabVIEW Driver
• 1/2, 1/3, 1/6 Rack Mount Size Design ( EIA/JIS Standard ) for 360W, 720W, 1080W S-2303The PSW-Series is a single output multi-range programmable switching DC Power Supply covering power range up to 1080W. This series of products include six models with the combination of 30V, 80V, and 160V rated voltages and 360W, 720W and 1080W maximum output powers. The multi-range feature allows the flexible and efficient configuration of voltage and current within the rated power range. As the PSW-Series can be connected in series for maximum 2 units or in parallel for maximum 3 units, the capability of connecting multiple PSW-Series units for higher voltage or higher current output provides a broad coverage of applications. With the flexibility of multi-range power utilization and series/parallel connection, the PSW-Series significantly reduces the users’ cost for various power supply products to accommodate the projects with different power requirements. The C.V/C.C priority selection of the PSW-Series is a very useful feature for DUT protection. The conventional power supply normally operates under C.V mode when the power output is turned on. This could bring a high inrush current to the capacitive load or current-intensive load at the Power output-on stage. Taking the I-V curve verification of LED as an example, it becomes a very challenging task to perform this measurement using a conventional power supply. With LED connected to a power supply under C.V. mode as the initial setting, when the power output is turned on and the voltage rises to the LED forward voltage, the current will suddenly peak up and exceed the preset value of current limit. Upon detecting this high current, the power supply starts the transition from C.V mode to C.C mode. Though the current becomes stable after the C.C mode being activated, the current spike occurred at the C.V and C.C crossover point may possibly damage the DUT. At the power output-on stage, the PSW-Series is able to operate under C.C priority to limit the current spike occurred at the threshold voltage and therefore protects DUT from the inrush current damage.
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.