Helmet Speaker and Microphone Kit
• Ideal for sports and activities that require communicating whilst wearing a helmet• Designed for use with PMR or other mobile radio using dual 3.5mm and 2.5mm speaker/mic socketsThis product has been developed specifically to allow communication between bikers whilst on the road. To be used in conjunction with mobile radios, it revolutionises biking in groups! The speakers fit easily and comfortably into the helmet and the mounted PTT button means there’s no need to take your hands off the handlebars.
ReviewsWrite a Review
4 of 4 Reviews
These are pretty decent. you get a lot for your buck.
I'm using these with my midland G7 radios, the audio is good, even track side at motorcross. When I've used the VOX setting before the background noise made them unusable but the PTT on these headsets great. I would recommend to anyone, Maplin even sell headsets for radios with different sockets!
I use these at the local motor cross with a set of midland G7 PMR radios and they all connect perfectly. The thumb ppt works well through the gloves and the sound quality is ok, considering the noise from my box. All in cheap enough to not worry if I come off the bike
very weird connections, not actualy compatable with many mpr 446 & other radios should realy have more spec in descriptions on radios that its actualy compatable with as this would save a few days trying to return them if there wrong :( dont get me wrong its a great peice of kit for the price its great value for money if you have the right radio to go with it
moderator note: The unit uses the standard 2 pin conneciton which up until recently was found on many major brand PMR units. Many manufacturers have chosen to utilise a custom single pin connection (for which adapters are usually available). This is not a flaw on the unit however but a limitation of the PMR which has been chosen to be used with said headset. It is always recommended to contact the PMR manufacturer to confirm support for standard 2 pin accessories.
QuestionsAsk a Question
7 of 7 Questions
gary mcmullen said:
would this set be compatible with the silver crest pmr. if used with an adapter
Steve smith said:
Is this kit compatible with Binatone Terrain 550 pmr radios? thanks
do you have sets for openface helmets
Can the speakers/microphone assembly detach from the coiled cable so I can leave them in the helmet? (Looks like it but I might as well check).
I have just purchased 2 helmet sets, but there is only one speaker in each set. is this correct ? as your picture shows 2 speakers, and the text says speakers, not speaker
How do the speakers/ mic fix to the helmet?
Is this kit for 1 helmet or 2?
|Item code||Item name||Quantity||Price|
|DS34M||Helmet Speaker and Microphone Kit||(100+)||£12.74|
|DS34M||Helmet Speaker and Microphone Kit||(25+)||£13.59|
|DS34M||Helmet Speaker and Microphone Kit||(10+)||£14.44|
|DS34M||Helmet Speaker and Microphone Kit||(5+)||£15.29|
|DS34M||Helmet Speaker and Microphone Kit||(1+)||£16.99|
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
Offering a 1-2-1 personal account management service each representative is ableto help you ensure the service from Maplin meets your approval on all levels everytime.
As well as being able to help you benefit from volume quotations and bespoke productsourcing our team also offers a wide range of business services including:
- 30 Day EOM credit terms available on application
- FREE delivery on all orders above £10
- A range of guaranteed delivery services to ensure your goods are with you to meetthose tight deadlines
- Proforma Invoices
- Scheduled and forward ordering system
- Product branding and bespoke product sourcing available on application
- Online and in-store account use
- 5% discount for all schools and colleges
- 7% discount for all universities
- Sample product service - available on application
- Supplier cross-referencing and BOM quotations
As you can see, our range of services is comprehensive and built to service everytype of business need. We are committed to providing your business with 1st classsales and customer service.
Our aim is to establish mutually beneficial long-term relationships where our customersreceive a high class of reliable service.
Please contact us on 0844 557 6000 to discuss your business needs with your individualaccount manager.