How to Set Up Your Home or Small Business Network
• An essential guide to setting up and configuring your network• Explains both wired and wireless networking in layman’s terms• Packed full of handy hints, tips and warningsThis book will explain to you the available options for networking, taking an in-depth look at sharing and securing your network using Windows XP. As computers become cheaper and more family members are using them, the ability to connect and share PCs becomes even more important. A network allows you to share valuable hardware, software and information. Similarly, a network can be useful in business, particularly if you have workers who operate away from the office using a laptop. Networks can provide mobile workers with quick access to e-mails, business letters, documentation and records without having to return to the office. This book explains both wired and wireless networking in layman’s terms, nevertheless still covering all the necessary concepts that you are likely to come across to enable you to successfully connect two or more computers together. On reading this book, you will discover how easy it is to:• Plan a wired or wireless network• Share and secure your internet connection• Share documents and pictures with others• Troubleshoot your networkThis book is an indispensable companion and reference to any one who has to use a network or is thinking about setting one up. For a full table of contents, please visit the Maplin website.
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.