HyperX Savage 480GB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD
• 480GB solid state drive (SSD), large capacity storage
• Uses a SATA III connection on your motherboard, with backwards compatibility for SATA II and SATA I
• 2.5 inch internal SSD
• 560MB/s sequential read and 530MB/s sequential write speed
• IOPS read of up to 92,000 and IOPS write of up to 89,000
• Manufacturer product code: SHSS37A/480G
• Acronis data migration software included, easily copy data from your old HDD/SSD to your new oneWhat level of performance can I expect from this SSD?
With a large capacity of 480GB, you will have plenty of room for running your operating system as well as storing your music, photos and videos on your PC. HyperX Savage solid-state drive offers extreme performance for the extreme performer. Powered by a quad-core, 8-channel Phison S10 controller that delivers incredible speeds of up to 560MB/s read and 530MB/s write, with read/write IOPS Random 4K up to 92k/89k. The result is ultra-responsive multitasking and an overall faster system that maintains performance even as the drive fills up. With its low profile and slim, 7mm form factor, HyperX Savage SSD fits in most notebooks, desktops and HTPC builds.
How efficient is the SSD?
With no moving parts, this SSD consumes less power and produces less heat than a mechanical HDD. A cooler running drive allows you to comfortably use a laptop on your lap without the noise of the fan cancelling out the sound of your speakers. This lightens the load on your PC’s power supply and cooling system and lengthens your battery life.
What other benefits does using a SSD have?
The failure rate of SSDs is less than that of a mechanical hard drive, by up to 33%. This particular solid state drive is also shock resistant, giving you peace of mind that if you were to drop your computer while carrying it, your data is always safe.
|Dimensions (W x D x H)
||69.9 x 7.0 x 100.0mm
||Power supply (PSU)
||Black and red
||Windows: XP (SP3), Vista (SP2), 7 (SP1), 8, 8.1 or later
|Drive form factor
|Sequential read speed
|Sequential write speed
|Drive spin speed
|IOPS read (Random 4K)
||Up to 92,000
|IOPS write (Random 4K)
||Up to 89,000
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.