Infrared Remote Control Light Switch
• Replaces any conventional single gang ON/OFF light switch (not 2 way)An attractive infra-red light switch with remote control for quick and easy dimming and ON/OFF control of room lights up to 300W. The light(s) under control can either be switched ON/OFF or dimmed by the hand held remote control or by the push button on the switch.
Control your lighting from the comfort of your armchair or bed! The kit consists of one remote controlled light switch dimmer and a 4-channel IR transmitter. Remote control requires 2xAAA batteries (Order Code L42AL, not included and specs added).Not suitable for fluorescent low energy and discharge lighting. Also unsuitable for flickering (neon) candle lamps.
|Switch type:||Single or Double Gang – 1 Way|
|Permissible loads:||Filament lamps 40-300W|
|Operating voltage:||230V AC|
|Remote Control range max.:||8m ±50º|
|Remote Control batteries:||2 x AAA (not included)|
|Operating temperature:||-10 to 40AC|
|Dimensions (mm):||Height 86 (h) x 86 (w) x 40mm (d)|
|Min box depth:||16mm|
ReviewsWrite a Review
5 of 5 Reviews
In terms of build quality this item is extremely poor. I partially disassembled it and found components that should not have been used, messily hand soldered into large blobs of solder, leaving both scorch marks and flux residue. Beneath its glossy exterior the unit looks as if it has been hand-made in someone's garden shed. It is a miracle that it works at all.
I found this switch very easy to fit and took less than five minutes to complete the job. However, I didn't realize that the switch would have a permanently illuminated LED display. Not being one to leave anything turned on when I am away from home, I have now removed the switch as a safety precaution. Without the LED display I would have awarded the switch 5 stars.
My light switch was in a hard to get to place so this was an ideal replacement.Easy to fit and works well.
Works fine, but will only fit in a shallow (25mm deep) box if the wiring is forced against the side of the box, rather than at the back.
It is an extremely tight fit into a standard lighting wall box - any sort of rotrusion from the side, such as a grommet at the cable entry, will foul the body of the switch which is only a few mm smaller each way than a standard box. Depth is just about OK... Apart from that, it works satisfactorily.
QuestionsBe the first to ask a question
0 of 0 Questions
|Item code||Item name||Quantity||Price|
|L09AB||Infrared Remote Control Light Switch||(1+)||£24.99|
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
Offering a 1-2-1 personal account management service each representative is ableto help you ensure the service from Maplin meets your approval on all levels everytime.
As well as being able to help you benefit from volume quotations and bespoke productsourcing our team also offers a wide range of business services including:
- 30 Day EOM credit terms available on application
- FREE delivery on all orders above £35
- A range of guaranteed delivery services to ensure your goods are with you to meetthose tight deadlines
- Proforma Invoices
- Scheduled and forward ordering system
- Product branding and bespoke product sourcing available on application
- Online and in-store account use
- 5% discount for all schools and colleges
- 7% discount for all universities
- Sample product service - available on application
- Supplier cross-referencing and BOM quotations
As you can see, our range of services is comprehensive and built to service everytype of business need. We are committed to providing your business with 1st classsales and customer service.
Our aim is to establish mutually beneficial long-term relationships where our customersreceive a high class of reliable service.
Please contact us on 0844 557 6000 to discuss your business needs with your individualaccount manager.