Inspection Camera with Colour 2.4 Inch LCD Monitor
|Image Sensor 1/3" CMOS|
|Effective Pixels 704x576|
|View Angle 50 Degree|
|Transmission Frequency 2486MHz|
|Power Supply 4 x AA|
|Dimensions: 186mm x 145mm x 41mm|
|LCD Screen Type 2.36" TFT-LCD|
|Effective Pixels 480 X 240|
|Transmission Frequency 2486MHz|
|Video System PAL / NTSC|
|Power Supply 8V-36V|
|Consumption Current 450mA|
|Dimensions: 100mm x 70mm x 30mm|
ReviewsWrite a Review
10 of 11 Reviews
bought for my son, said it works ok for the price.
Quick delivery. Camera exellent
Fab Excellent going to try the cheaper one as well with SD card Can't wait
Very pleased with this product. It does the job, which for me was locating a ceiling joist from which to hang a very heavy pendant lamp, without drilling though pipes and cables. It should prove very useful for all sorts of tasks.
The display was hard to read in daylight. There was a screw missing from the battery pack, and the camera tip was bigger than expected. OK for drains at night, but not for a car engine in daylight which was what I wanted. Good for inspection of orifices wider than 2cm in dim lighting. You could pay a lot more for equivalent performance. Camera hire can run at £250/week. I didn't check the quality of the monitor output, which might have been a better image than the supplied monitor.
This is a great little tool, the Monitor is a good res, the camera light works well and the monitor can be dettached from the main unit so its easier to see. Only problem is that the end is a bit big but otherwise a good addition to anyones tool kit. (plus you can actually see the back of your head .. when your bored)
I was amazed at the quality of image obtained from such a low cost unit. I didn't realize the monitor screen could be used "wirelessly" from the actual camera, this made its use even easier whilst ispecting ductwork.
Bought this item when it was on offer for £117 for use in auto engines. I had been advised that it would fit in a spark plug hole (14mm). But on using it i found the camera head is actually 16.5mm diam so would not fit. Other than that it is a better picture than a much more expensive branded product.
This is another excellent product from Maplins. It was at a great price.
Works very well and a few years ago would cost ten times the amount. Does every thing it says on the box! quality product buy with confidence. Item purchased from Stevenage retail park,very helpful staff.
This seems to be a very useful piece of kit especially as the video display can be used remotely. The probe seems well made though I have not tested it for its waterproof qualities (i.e. IP67). The quality is not quite so good towards the display end of the equipment.
1. The removable LCD Monitor and the Camera, as they are referred to in the User Manual could certainly do with removable covers to protect the electrical contacts that show when the units are used separately, as they are easily touched by the fingers.
2. I have tried the remote video (Monitor) connected to a PAL TV, with a photographic lead that I already have, the picture is not that good, a lot of noise, but is acceptable, the image being easily read.
3. I have also experimented with taking photographs from the Monitor using a digital SLR mounted on a tripod. This works OK, especially as the Monitor can be set up in a stationary remote location while the Camera is adjusted. Again, a little noise.
4. In the User Manual supplied and in the downloadable version from Maplins web site it says the Camera Video System is Pal/NTSC, but on the actual box in came in PAL only is ticked, which is fine in this country, but not so good if you might want to use a remote video in an NTSC compliant country.
5. The instructions for use of the video display are poor, there not being much range on Brightness or Contrast, but most important Orientation is not described very well. There are 4 positions here, each actioned after a single press on the button: 1st press.) The correct way up. 2nd press.) A mirror image of the correct way up for use with the mirror attachment. 3rd press.) 180° to the correct way up. 4th press.) 180° to a mirror image of the correct way up for use with the mirror attachment.
6. The LED brightness dimmer switch wheel is a little erratic at the lower end of its scale.
7. Without dissembling the Monitor in the first place, how is the Li-battery changed and what ref. type is it? Note, battery changing only in the Camera pistol unit is described in the User Manual.
8. Following from 5 and 7 above the User Manual seems to concentrate a bit too much on the obvious and not on some of the (mainly electronic) intracies.
9. Maplins say in answer to one of the questions on their web site that they do not supply the Extended Tube (Optional) but it would be good to know where such a part could be obtianed moderator note: this sort of information is likely to be available from the Maplin technical team
10. It would be nice to see on the Specifications that the Optic Tube is 9.5mm approx. diameter throughout most of its length, but 16.36mm approx. diameter at the business end. i.e. not quite small enough to enter a 14mm spark plug hole, and also show the minimum focussing distance.
11. Perhaps a nice blow moulded case should be supplied. It surely wouldn’t cost much more, and would help a lot with transport and protection on site.
QuestionsAsk a Question
7 of 7 Questions
Hi can this be used for inspection of a car engine say through the spark plug hole of a cylinder head? thanks
The expanded view of the photo shows a video out socket does this mean it can be connected to an external monitor?
Am i right in thinking that any adapters if included would be 3 pin UK
can another video signal be connected to the monitor? ie cctv
J Norfolk said:
Does this camera record and if so can the recorded image be downloaded?
Hi, Can the camera be connected to an external monitor, TV or laptop? Thanks, Stefan
says in manual "Extended tube (Optional) x 1
|Item code||Item name||Quantity||Price|
|N92GW||Inspection Camera with Colour 2.4 Inch LCD Monitor||(1+)||£149.99|
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
Offering a 1-2-1 personal account management service each representative is ableto help you ensure the service from Maplin meets your approval on all levels everytime.
As well as being able to help you benefit from volume quotations and bespoke productsourcing our team also offers a wide range of business services including:
- 30 Day EOM credit terms available on application
- FREE delivery on all orders above £10
- A range of guaranteed delivery services to ensure your goods are with you to meetthose tight deadlines
- Proforma Invoices
- Scheduled and forward ordering system
- Product branding and bespoke product sourcing available on application
- Online and in-store account use
- 5% discount for all schools and colleges
- 7% discount for all universities
- Sample product service - available on application
- Supplier cross-referencing and BOM quotations
As you can see, our range of services is comprehensive and built to service everytype of business need. We are committed to providing your business with 1st classsales and customer service.
Our aim is to establish mutually beneficial long-term relationships where our customersreceive a high class of reliable service.
Please contact us on 0844 557 6000 to discuss your business needs with your individualaccount manager.