Call 0333 400 9500 or Email us
Inspection Camera with Colour 2.4 Inch LCD Monitor
• 2.5 inch TFT-LCD monitor with rechargeable Li-ion battery
• LCD monitor is wireless so you can unattach from the inspection scope for remote viewing
• Mini water-proof camera with 1 m flexible extended tube
• 3 useful accessories - includes hook, mirror and magnet
• High quality colour video
• Lightweight for easily manoeuvring to diagnose and solve problems
• Allows for easy visual inspections in hard to reach areas
• Night vision range up to 1.5 m
• Lighting LEDs with adjustable brightness
• Waterproof Level IP67, for underwater use
• Image Sensor: CMOS
• Total pixels: 704×576 (PAL); 712×486(NTSC)
• Horizontal viewing angle: 50 degreesReal-Time Video Inspection of Closed Spaces Get a clear view inside cylinder heads, behind wallboard and many other hard-to-reach areas.
|Image Sensor 1/3" CMOS|
|Effective Pixels 704 x 576|
|View Angle 50 Degree|
|Transmission Frequency 2486 MHz|
|Power Supply 4 x AA|
|Dimensions: 186 mm x 145 mm x 41 mm|
|Weight: 530 g|
|LCD Screen Type 2.36" TFT-LCD|
|Effective Pixels 480 X 240|
|Transmission Frequency 2 86 MHz|
|Video System PAL / NTSC|
|Power Supply 8 V-36 V|
|Consumption Current 450 mA|
|Dimensions: 100 mm x 70 mm x 30 mm|
|Weight: 140 g|
ReviewsWrite a Review
10 of 11 Reviews
bought for my son, said it works ok for the price.
This seems to be a very useful piece of kit especially as the video display can be used remotely. The probe seems well made though I have not tested it for its waterproof qualities (i.e. IP67). The quality is not quite so good towards the display end of the equipment.
1. The removable LCD Monitor and the Camera, as they are referred to in the User Manual could certainly do with removable covers to protect the electrical contacts that show when the units are used separately, as they are easily touched by the fingers.
2. I have tried the remote video (Monitor) connected to a PAL TV, with a photographic lead that I already have, the picture is not that good, a lot of noise, but is acceptable, the image being easily read.
3. I have also experimented with taking photographs from the Monitor using a digital SLR mounted on a tripod. This works OK, especially as the Monitor can be set up in a stationary remote location while the Camera is adjusted. Again, a little noise.
4. In the User Manual supplied and in the downloadable version from Maplins web site it says the Camera Video System is Pal/NTSC, but on the actual box in came in PAL only is ticked, which is fine in this country, but not so good if you might want to use a remote video in an NTSC compliant country.
5. The instructions for use of the video display are poor, there not being much range on Brightness or Contrast, but most important Orientation is not described very well. There are 4 positions here, each actioned after a single press on the button: 1st press.) The correct way up. 2nd press.) A mirror image of the correct way up for use with the mirror attachment. 3rd press.) 180?? to the correct way up. 4th press.) 180?? to a mirror image of the correct way up for use with the mirror attachment.
6. The LED brightness dimmer switch wheel is a little erratic at the lower end of its scale.
7. Without dissembling the Monitor in the first place, how is the Li-battery changed and what ref. type is it? Note, battery changing only in the Camera pistol unit is described in the User Manual.
8. Following from 5 and 7 above the User Manual seems to concentrate a bit too much on the obvious and not on some of the (mainly electronic) intracies.
9. Maplins say in answer to one of the questions on their web site that they do not supply the Extended Tube (Optional) but it would be good to know where such a part could be obtianed moderator note: this sort of information is likely to be available from the Maplin technical team
10. It would be nice to see on the Specifications that the Optic Tube is 9.5mm approx. diameter throughout most of its length, but 16.36mm approx. diameter at the business end. i.e. not quite small enough to enter a 14mm spark plug hole, and also show the minimum focussing distance.
11. Perhaps a nice blow moulded case should be supplied. It surely wouldnÔÇÖt cost much more, and would help a lot with transport and protection on site.
Great bit of kit, has saved me loads of time as a electrical contractor. When used disconnected from each other the aa cells do not last that long, but if it makes the job quicker it makes more money than the cost of cells. Bought from the Colchester branch in 2009 , very helpful Guys Cheers
Very pleased with this product. It does the job, which for me was locating a ceiling joist from which to hang a very heavy pendant lamp, without drilling though pipes and cables. It should prove very useful for all sorts of tasks.
Fab Excellent going to try the cheaper one as well with SD card Can't wait
The display was hard to read in daylight. There was a screw missing from the battery pack, and the camera tip was bigger than expected. OK for drains at night, but not for a car engine in daylight which was what I wanted. Good for inspection of orifices wider than 2cm in dim lighting. You could pay a lot more for equivalent performance. Camera hire can run at ?ú250/week. I didn't check the quality of the monitor output, which might have been a better image than the supplied monitor.
This is another excellent product from Maplins. It was at a great price.
Works very well and a few years ago would cost ten times the amount. Does every thing it says on the box! quality product buy with confidence. Item purchased from Stevenage retail park,very helpful staff.
I was amazed at the quality of image obtained from such a low cost unit. I didn't realize the monitor screen could be used "wirelessly" from the actual camera, this made its use even easier whilst ispecting ductwork.
Quick delivery. Camera exellent
This is a great little tool, the Monitor is a good res, the camera light works well and the monitor can be dettached from the main unit so its easier to see. Only problem is that the end is a bit big but otherwise a good addition to anyones tool kit. (plus you can actually see the back of your head .. when your bored)
QuestionsAsk a Question
7 of 7 Questions
Hi can this be used for inspection of a car engine say through the spark plug hole of a cylinder head? thanks
The expanded view of the photo shows a video out socket does this mean it can be connected to an external monitor?
Am i right in thinking that any adapters if included would be 3 pin UK
can another video signal be connected to the monitor? ie cctv
J Norfolk said:
Does this camera record and if so can the recorded image be downloaded?
Hi, Can the camera be connected to an external monitor, TV or laptop? Thanks, Stefan
says in manual "Extended tube (Optional) x 1
|Item code||Item name||Quantity||Price|
|N92GW||Inspection Camera with Colour 2.4 Inch LCD Monitor||(1+)||£159.99|
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.
- Home Delivery
- Click & Collect