Kemo 12V Soil Humidity Sensor
• Helps you to control soil humidity in gardens, fields and grassed areas• Monitors soil humidity in deeper layers • Can be used to switch on/off a spray-irrigation system when soil becomes too dry• Sensitivity can be adjusted to low or high soil humidity• Quick and easy installation• Can be combined with a timer for watering the garden on special days or automatically when dry• The "must have" for people who care about their gardens!This sensor can be used to switch on your garden irrigation pump or the magnetic valve when the soil is dry and switch it off when there is enough humidity in the soil. The measuring head has to be buried into the ground at the depth where it shall measure and is connected to the main sensor unit via a 2m cable. The sensor cable may be extended up to 20m with normal 2-pole cable. The device is operated by means of a commercial plug power supply (Regulated 12V at >130mA with standard 3.5mm plug - Order Code: L47BL). The main module should be mounted in a weatherproof location. If required, the garden can be irrigated at certain times of the day or weekdays only, by using a suitable mains timer. The soil humidity sensor starts to operate when it receives current from the power supply in the following sequence:1) The soil humidity is measured after switching on the operating voltage.2) The connected pump is switched on for 18...30 minutes if the soil is too dry.3) If the soil is humid enough the device switches to "Pause" for about 18...30 minutes and makes a new measurement after that.This sequence continues in an infinite loop until the operating voltage is switched off.
||1 x 3A max, screw terminal connections
|Sensor housing dimensions:
||30mm (dia) x 64mm (l)
|Galvanised pins dimensions:
||4mm (dia) x 40mm (l)
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.