Kemo Rain Sensor DC 12V
• If sensor plate gets into contact with rain or slushy snow / hail, it switches on a relay
• Sun blinds may be retracted
• Simple rain alarm
• The automatically heated surface of the sensor prevents any freezing or wetting of the sensor surface
• Waterproof-encapsulated electronics.The electronics of the rain sensor reacts to the electrical conductivity of the water. We have now ascertained that there are areas where rainwater falls, which is absolutely clean (distilled water). The sensor does not react to this. The water must be at least slightly contaminated (fractions of dust, smoke, etc.) so that the water is electroconductive and triggers the sensor.
If the sensor does not trigger in your case, you should install it in such a manner that the rainwater runs at first over a small porch roof or the like before the water touches the sensor. If the water falls directly from the cloud on the sensor in its purest form and does not trigger it, it will be sufficient if it runs over a small board or from a porch roof on the sensor. Then the water will have absorbed enough impurification that it will be electroconductive and triggers the sensor. The sensor has to be built it slantwise so that the water runs down again.
|Current consumption without / with heating
||ca. 8 / 160 mA
||1 x ON, maximum load 25 V, 2 A
||automatically in case of contact with rain
|Light-emitting diode 1
||indication that the rain sensor works
|Light-emitting diode 2
||indication that rain is reported and the relay has switched on
|Duty cycle of the relay
||as long as the sensor is wet
|The module is encapsulated waterproof.
|Active sensor surface, gold-plated
||ca. 29 x 30 mm
||ca. 65 x 45 x 36 mm
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.