Kitronik Super Capacitor Solder Kit
• Create a rechargeable super capacitor storage unit
• Charge the 1 Farad capacitor from a USB and use it to run a motor or other DC output devices
• Simple to solder with 18 parts
• Requires a 5V USB socket to charge from – USB lead included in the kit
• Designed and manufactured in the UK by KitronikWhat can you do with this kit?
Power your projects without batteries with this super capacitor solder kit (manufactures code 2137) and make a rechargeable power supply for DC motors or other project outputs. Two LEDs show you when the capacitor is charging and when it is full. Use the capacitor to power a device for up to 25 minutes depending on the input requirements. Once the kit is charged using the USB lead it can be removed from the terminal block and you can power a whole range of devices. What is in this kit?
The kit uses a powerful 1 farad capacitor as the heart and gives you a great introduction to how capacitors work. Use resistors, diodes and LEDs to build this kit and gain practical experience using them in a circuit. A USB power lead is included and is compatible with almost all USB 5V sockets. This kit requires soldering
and may require wire cutters and wire strippers (not included). What level of soldering is needed?
Simple to solder this is a great kit for beginners to teach the basics of electronics. Once it’s built you can incorporate it into a model or board using the solder connections or create an enclosure (not included) and use it to power multiple devices.
|Number of components in the kit?
||Max: 25 min
|Power supply requirements
||1 x 5 V USB port
||54 mm x 43 mm
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.