Magicshine MJ-880 2000 Lumen Bike Light
• Winner of all major UK group tests in 2012
• Staggering output of 2000 lumens
• Endurance battery as standard
• Per lumens, best value light in UK
• Light Source: 2 X Cree XM-L LED
• LED Lifespan: 50,000 hours
• Battery Pack: 6 X 18650 cells 8.4V/6.6Ah liuthium ion battery
• Charge time: 3.5 hours
• Run time: 2.3 hours (max output)
• High quality and high efficiency optical lens
• Top mounted button for easy operation
• New design rubber belt for easy mount and removal
• 6061 -T6 Aluminium alloy housing, anodised anti-abrasive finish
• Overheat protection, over charge protection and low battery warning
• Size: L = 58mm X W 49mm X H 45mm"Magicshine's new twin LED is an outstanding combo of compact head size, powerful, versatile beam and an absolute bargain price." MBUK Group Test issue 282 October 2012
The lighthead itself is suprisingly compact, approximately half the size of the MJ-816 and easily small enough to be helmet mounted. There are several new features about the design we really like including the new mounting system, the battery casing and the new style connectors. The switch is top mounted and very intuitive making it easy to use.
The MJ-880 retains the hook system for this new design light but has a replacement for the 'O' ring system. 2 hooks at the front make attaching the single, Y design rubber strap even quicker than before. There's a single hook at the back and the rubber strap is adjustable, making it suitable for almost any size bars. The battery attaches in the same way with 2 chunky adjustable straps.
The battery is a heavy duty , 6 X 18650 cell ( 6600Ah lithium ion) design. The design of the connector from battery to light head is also improved, being more recessed than previously which should make it more impervious to water ingress. The battery, which clearly doesn't need a protective bag, is attached to the frame using 2 adjustable rubber straps.
NB: The charger supplied cannot be used with other batteries neither can any existing chargers or any other connectors be used with this battery.
It offers a bright, wide beam with clear edges but with a very strong, long throw beam out in front. This is a light that turns night into day!
But don't take our word for it, here's what MBUK said about the beam in their latest group test (issue 282 Oct 2012)
"Our light beam shots confirmed the on trail impression that it matches far more expensive lights in performance terms. The beam is really well balanced, deep reaching but wide enough to put twisty singletrack in well lit context with no eye-tiring black spots or other optical flaws."
The MJ-880 is a very easy light to use. The clicky switch is top mounted and also illuminated by a colour coded LED which reflects the amount of charge remaining.
Green = 100 - 70%
Blue = 70 - 40%
Red = 40 - 10%
Flashing Red = less than 10%
Pressing the left side of the switch starts the light on it's lowest setting (10%). The click the right side to scroll through intermediate power levels (25%, 50%, 75% and 100%). To reduce power simply select the left side of the switch. If you wish to start at full power, just press the right hand side of the switch. To turn the light off, just press either side of the switch for approx 2 seconds. When the light head has been connected to the battery but not switched on, each light head emits a surprisingly bright green glow. The MJ-880 light also includes a circuit protection board with over charge, over discharge and short circuit protection. In the event the light head surface gets too hot, the output will automatically be reduced.
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.