Maplin 30W / 60W Mains Powered Soldering Iron
• Dual wattage mains powered soldering iron that allows you to select the relevant power required for your soldering task
• Heats up in 10 minutes to give you a stable and constant temperature so you can complete all your soldering tasks
• Temperature ranges from 420°C to 480°C, depending on wattage, allowing you to store heat in the tip to aid the melting process
• No restrictions on how long you can use this soldering iron as it is mains poweredWhat makes this iron unique?
This soldering iron is unique as it has a dual wattage, which can be selected, depending on what heat setting you require. Unlike most other soldering irons, this iron feeds in the solder into the iron, allowing liquid solder to flow from the tip, much like a glue gun. Simply press the trigger and more solder will be melted and flowed out of the soldering iron’s tip. Various solder, between 3mm and 8mm, can be used and can simply be loaded onto the reel on the top of the soldering iron before being fed into the soldering iron.What difference does the wattage make?
The wattage of a soldering iron is one of the most important factors when deciding which one to buy. Higher wattage will deliver more power to the iron’s tip, allowing it to heat up quicker. As this is a dual wattage mains soldering iron, it heats up the tip within ten minutes, allowing you to start soldering without having to refill butane tanks or replace batteries.Do I need anything else for this soldering iron?
This soldering iron is ready to use out of the box. Simply attach the solder, plug the iron in and wait for it to warm up. A spool of solder is also included which can easily be replaced when it has been used. You should stock up on spare solder
so you will be able to keep using your iron in the future.
||30 W / 60 W
|Warm up time
||30W: 420 °C – 450 °C, 60W 450 °C – 480 °C
||Not time limited
||240 x 40 x 155 mm
||1 x ZD-551 Soldering iron
||1 x Solder wire
||1 x User manual
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.