Maplin 3G N150 Wi-Fi Router and Hotspot
• Share a connected 3G USB modem's connection with multiple devices
• Good internal transfer speeds of up to 150Mbps
• Works only on a 3G connection for download and upload speeds of up to 42Mbps and 7.2Mbps respectively
• Operates on a 2.4Ghz band to give you a good area of coverage
• One 10/100 Ethernet port that can be used for LAN and WAN applications
• 2dBi internal antenna provides you with a good rangeWhat can I do with this small router?
This Wi-Fi router lets you plug in a 3G USB modem into the router to establish a 3G wireless network. It supports a range of USB modems to provide you with the 3G connection (GSM/EDGE/WCDMA/HSPA/HSPA+, CDMA/EVDO, TD-SCDMA). The N150 Wi-Fi standard provides you with good transfer speeds within the network and range too.
What is the Ethernet port used for?
Depending on what you want to use this device for, as a Wi-Fi router or a hotspot, you can change it to serve either purposes. The Ethernet port on the device can be used to share your existing network which comes from your cable or ADSL modem, or a LAN cable from your office or hotel. Alternatively you can share your existing wireless signal to multiple devices.
Do I need to install anything to get this going?
Plug and play device, just plug in your 3G USB router and log into the web based interface to configure various settings for your router, such as passwords, the mode of the device and more.
Is this difficult to carry around?
Measuring in at only 23mm x 63mm x 15mm (W x D x H), this device is extremely small and can be easily transported when you are travelling. Powered by a micro USB cable, you can connect the USB end to a USB wall adapter, computer or a power bank to provide it power. This gives you a versatile amount of options to power the device, which is great when you are out without access to the mains.
||Single Band – 2.4Ghz
|SIM card slot
||150 Mbps 2.4Ghz
|Number of gigabit Ethernet ports
||No – 1 x 10/100Mbps Ethernet port
||1 – internal
|Media streaming DLNA ready
||1 x microUSB (for charging only)
||1 x USB 2.0
|Can it charge other devices?
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.