Maplin 50W Mains Solder Station
• 50W mains powered soldering iron that allows you to get soldering by simply plugging the iron in
• Heats up in 10 minutes to give you a stable and constant temperature to complete all your soldering tasks
• Temperature ranges from 180°C to 480°C, dependant on wattage, allowing you to store heat in the tip to aid the melting process
• No restrictions on how long you can use this soldering iron as it is mains poweredWhat makes this iron unique?
This soldering iron is part of a solder station which controls the temperature of the tip. It is controlled through a dial on the station which also acts as a soldering iron stand. The station is connected directly to the mains, which powers the soldering iron. This is an ideal iron to begin soldering with as it is rugged, inexpensive and can be used on a range of soldering projects such as repairing PCB's or joining cables together. The included sponge within the station will allow you to keep the iron clean and prevent a build-up of oxides which can affect the quality of soldering and the temperature of the iron itself.What difference does the wattage make?
The wattage of a soldering iron is one of the most important factors when deciding which one to buy. Higher wattage will deliver more power to the iron’s tip, allowing it to heat up quicker. As this is a 50W mains soldering iron, it heats up the tip within ten minutes to a selected temperature, allowing you to start soldering without having to refill butane tanks or replace batteries.Do I need anything else for this soldering iron?
This soldering iron is simple to assemble. After assembly, all you need is some solder
and then you can get to work. Once plugged in, it takes only ten minutes to warm up to the selected temperature.
|Warm up time
||180 °C – 480 °C
||Not time limited
||85 x 137 x 170 mm
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.