Maplin 8W Battery Powered Soldering Iron (used)
• 8W battery powered soldering iron to allow you to begin soldering almost anywhere
• 15 seconds warm up to allow you to begin soldering almost immediately
• Temperature ranges from 400°C to 420°C, dependant on battery power, allowing you to store heat in the tip to aid the melting process
• 1 hour run time, depending on the life of the battery (requires 3 x AA batteries, not included)What makes this iron unique?
This soldering iron is ultra-portable as it is powered from three AA batteries, making it usable in almost any situation. Simply press the on button and the soldering iron will warm up to temperature within 15 seconds allowing you to start your soldering project right away. This soldering iron operates for up to one hour on alkaline batteries which can be replaced in a few moments.What difference does the wattage make?
The wattage of a soldering iron is one of the most important factors when deciding which one to buy. Higher wattage will deliver more power to the iron’s tip, allowing it to heat up quicker. As this is an 8W battery powered soldering iron, it heats up the tip in under 15 seconds, allowing you to start soldering without delay.Do I need anything else for this soldering iron?
This soldering iron includes 90cm of solder. Replacement solder
is available to purchase when the supplied solder runs low. The iron is battery powered and requires three AA batteries, which are all you need to buy to get started. For extra batteries for your soldering iron, see Order Code L43AL
. If you require a replacement combined element and tip, take a look at Order Code N40JG
|Warm up time
||400 °C - 420 °C
||4.5 V 8 W battery power
||1 hour with 3 x AA batteries
||on / off switch
||175 x 40 x 20 mm
||90 cm of solder
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.