Maplin Cat6 Flat Network Patch Cable 2m - Black
• Two metre cable for connection of network devices to a switch or network router
• Flat cable design with a maximum thickness of 1.6 mm allows you to run this cable under carpet and floorings
• 250MHz Cat6 cable provides support for 10Gbps networks, or for data transfer rates of up to 1Gbps to a distance of 100m
• Compatible with 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX and Gigabit networks
• CAT 6 cables further reduce signal interference from other close proximity cables
• Fitted unshielded eight position, eight contact (8P8C) RJ45 connectors with strain relief boots for use with Ethernet ports
• DHCP compliantWhat is a CAT 6 cable?
A form of cable used in structured networking, category 6 (CAT 6) cables boast an improvement in attainable speeds over CAT 5 cables. CAT 6 further improves on reducing signal noise and interference from other close proximity cables. A higher transmission frequency of 250MHz means that these cables are capable of up to 1000Mbps over a run of 100 metres.
A faster transfer speed of up to 10Gbps can be attained with these cables, but only at a reduced maximum length of 55 metres. CAT 6 cables are backwards compatible with 10Base-T (10Mbps), 100Base-TX (100Mbps) and Gigabit (1000Mbps) networks.
Why would I use this cable?
Ethernet cables are typically used in creating a network of wired devices. This is commonly achieved by using Ethernet ports to connect equipment and devices to a network switch or internet router. This connection then provides you with access to a local area network (LAN) resources or to the internet. It offers a high speed, uninterruptable connection that is ideal for gaming, media streaming or video conferencing. The Flat design of this cable makes it easy to hide underneath carpet or flooring.
Ethernet cables are available in different colours, which lets you co-ordinate network cables from different devices. Helping you in keeping your network cables organised and tidy.
|Max data transfer rate
||1Gbps (100 m) 10Gbps (55m)
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.