Maplin SATA to USB 3.0 Y Cable
• Connect your SATA hard drives externally via twin USB 3.0 ports, without needing an enclosure
• Connect to 2.5-inch or 3.5-inch SATA hard disks
• Powered using the USB connections, without needing an external AC mains adapter
• USB 3.0 has transfer rates that are up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0 connections
• ‘Plug and play’ compliant so you can access connected hard disks without needing additional software or drivers
• Compatible with Windows, Mac OSX or Linux operating systems
• Model number: HDA35-PLWhat can I use this cable for?
The Maplin SATA to USB 3.0 cable allows you to externally connect SATA hard disks by using two USB 3.0 ports. This process allows you to access and retrieve data stored on these hard disks, without needing to install the drive inside your computer.
Is this cable easy to use?
The SATA to USB 3.0 cable features a standard SATA data and power connections at one end. This allows you to attach hard disks. The other end of the cable splits into two USB 3.0 connectors. When both of these are connected to your computer, they carry data to and from the hard disk and supply the drive with power. The cable is 80cm long, which gives you plenty of space to position connected drives securely on a flat surface. This helps prevent the drive being damaged from accidental knocks while in use.
The cable is ‘plug and play’ compliant and does not require any software or additional drivers to use. It is also compatible with Windows, Mac OSX and Linux operating systems.
||63mm / 80cm Y cable
|PC Connection Type
||USB3.0 x 2
|HDD Connection Type
||Twin USB 3.0
||Windows 8/Windows 7 32&64/Vista32&64/XP/2000/Me/98/98SE, Mac OS 9.X/10.X, Linux Kernel 2.4.X/2.6.X
|Drive Form Factor
||3.5 inch or 2.5 inch SATA
|Plug and Play
|Connector Housing Type
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.