Call 0333 400 9500 or Contact us
Meaco DD8L Desiccant Dehumidifier
- 8 litres a day extraction, which is equivalent to a 16 or 20 litre compressor dehumidifier
- Removes more water per hour than most 20L/day dehumidifiers fitted with reciprocating compressors, at a room temperatures of around 20°C, it is a great option to dry laundry, and up to 5 bedrooms homes
- Delivers the perfect balance of dryer air and up to 80% lower running costs compared to earlier desiccant dehumidifier and compressor models
Meaco DD8L Desiccant Dehumidifier
• Removes more water per hour than most 20L/day dehumidifiers fitted with reciprocating compressors, at a room temperatures of around 20°C, it is a great option to dry laundry, and up to 5 bedrooms homes
• Delivers the perfect balance of dryer air and up to 80% lower running costs compared to earlier desiccant dehumidifier and compressor models
• The combination of Meaco’s unique control logic and the efficient high drying capacity means it can spend more time off — saving energy without allowing the air humidity to move far from the desired point
• Refrigerant free, no more compressor noise and no more unnecessary stopping
• Weighs just 6.4kg, built in handle makes it easy to carry
• Has an absorbent drier that makes the air out 10-12°C warmer than the room’s air temperature
• Automatically starts at the last setting after a power cut
• Operates very effectively down to +1°C, so it is ideal for use in unheated areas from holiday homes and garages, to boats and caravans
• Easy to use with a large format icon rich display, helping you choose whether to dry clothes quickly or simply achieve your desired humidity level
• Includes a PVC hose for continuous drainage, so you need not empty the built in 2 Litre splash resistant water container
• Automatically switches off when full to avoid spillage
• Improves indoor air quality by helping to remove sub micron particulate matter from the air, e.g. from diesel car exhausts, smoke, pollen and other airborne irritants and allergens.
• 2 year warranty includedDryer air makes it harder for mould and dust mites to grow. Less mould = fewer spores, Fewer dust mites = less debris in the air. With fewer of these allergens in the air we are less likely to suffer hay fever like allergic reactions. Also drier air means there is less to condense on cold windows. In addition the DD8L removes some of the smallest smoke particles, e.g. from diesel fumes, from the air so the air you breathe is drier, warmer and cleaner.
The current version of the Meaco DD8L represents 8 years of development of the desiccant dehumidifier and the very best domestic dehumidification technology available today.
Up to 80% less energy consumption
It has been standard within the industry for desiccant dehumidifiers to always run their fan continuously, regardless of the relative humidity. They do this so that they can react to rises in relative humidity and start to dry the air again. This provides a level of accurate dehumidification that is over kill for domestic applications. The alternative provided by most compressor dehumidifiers is for the dehumidifier to turn off when the relative humidity target is reached. This saves energy but does mean that the dehumidifier potentially misses increases in relative humidity and could allow organic materials in the home to absorb the excess moisture and mould to grow.
Energy saving and accurate dehumidification combined
The Meaco DD8L provides the best possible solution. When the target relative humidity is reached it runs its fan for 5 minutes to check that all is ok and then it turns itself off to save energy. Thirty minutes later it turns its fan back on and samples the air again for 5 more minutes. If the relative humidity has increased above it’s target it starts dehumidifying again, if the relative humidity is ok it goes back to sleep again for another 30 minutes. In a well sealed home this will mean that the fan will run for just 10 minutes an hour instead of 60, using just 1/6th of the power of other desiccant dehumidifiers.
The above is the perfect balance between protecting your environment and keeping costs to a minimum.
As a desiccant it doesn’t mind low temperatures which means that it is perfect for looking after caravans/boats/garages/classic cars/motorhomes/holiday homes and workshops over winter. Boat owners will appreciate the lack of castors so it will not roll around on board.
The above applications usually require continuous drainage so that the tank does not have to be emptied. The DD8L comes with a hose in the box.
If the power fails, when it comes back on the DD8L will just start again in the mode you left it in. Most other dehumidifiers will go into standby and wait for you to return and press a button to turn them on.
Desiccant dehumidifiers do have a higher wattage rating than compressor dehumidifiers but in the British climate they extract water faster and are therefore on for less time, especially below 15°C. Therefore, overall, the total amount of energy used will be less. Please note that all energy consumed by the dehumidifier will be returned to the room as heat and as this is a winter product that is a good thing and is certainly not a waste of energy consumption.
The DD8L has a Laundry mode to dry your washing faster and to prevent the water from the clothes from doing any damage around the home.
The DD8L has an anti-bacterial silver nano filter and an ioniser to help keep the air cleaner, especially important for anyone who suffers from allergies.
Finally the DD8L turns off when the internal bucket is full and the bucket itself has a splash proof cover to make sure that not a drop is split as you pour the water away.
All electrical products and heat exchanges work best if kept clean., to get the most out of your Meaco dehumidifier clean them regularly, once every week or two.
|Extraction rate||8 litres per day|
|Continuous drainage option||Yes - hose included in the box|
|Timer||Up to 8 hours|
|Filter||Yes - anti-bacterial silver nano filter|
|Noise level||39/43/48dBA - depending on running mode|
|Power Supply||Normal British 230V, 50Hz|
|Power Consumption||0/30/330/650W - depending on running mode|
|Fan Speeds||Variable via running modes|
|Dimensions (HWD) mm||500 x 351 x 188mm|
|Item code||Item name||Quantity||Price|
|A32LB||Meaco DD8L Desiccant Dehumidifier||(1+)||£169.99|
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.